Question

Contacting ID during pandemic

Userlevel 1

Is there anyway of getting hold of a real person or have you just completely Shut down with no thought of customer support?

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to look into your account and assist you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Aklima 

Userlevel 1

I have tried using the live chat but even that doesn’t work, it just says that it is unavailable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @TheBrickWall07 when all agents are busy, then you will see this message.

You’ll also need to make sure you’re within the contact times.

When agents are busy, you’ll need to wait on the page and the button will turn blue as soon as one is available.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello,
You are the worst company I have ever dealt with. The live chat never works. It's almost impossible to contact you and when I do get through it's either to a call centre in South Africa which has the worst customer service in the world. They are completely unhelpful and just try to make sales or get you to upgrade whilst ignoring the problem you're calling about,
I have to chose the option "thinknig of leaving ID" in order to speak to someone in England and all they can tell me is they are not customer service and can't resolve my problem and to use live chat!!!! even when I tell them live chat doesn't work. I have had no signal for almost 3 weeks! my messages are taking days to reach people and I'm missing importsnt phone calls for hospital appointments. I would like a refund for the service I'm paying for and not getting.
It's quite ironic that a mobile phone provider can't be reached by phone to resolve anything and your chat bot is absolutely useless. I've had to register to this community in order to let you know the problems I'm having. I will be contacting the ombudsman about you, as I'm sure you are not acting fairly or offering your customers a satisfactory service. Truly awful company, will be switching as soon as my contract ends.

Userlevel 1

Your live chat NEVER works! Doesn't matter what time of day I try to use it or on what browser. Your customer service is the worst I've ever experienced and it's impossible to contact anyone who can help with problems. Your app is absolutely shocking, and just sends you round in circles. For a mobile phone company you really should have a customer service number that actually resolves problems rather than just trying to make sales!! Truly awful company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@franky,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having. 

We aren’t aware of any issues that other customers are having with Live Chat.

If you still require assistance please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

There are several comments on here about customers not being able to use the live chat function. Do you actually work for ID or are you just a member of the community?

Your answer offered no help or soulution at all!

This is why you have the worst customer service, why would I rate this “most helpful” when you’ve literally offered no solution at all?

I have no signal and haven’t had any for 3 weeks, I would like a refund on my bill. Can you do that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @franky,

@Kash does work for iD, as do I.

Although several advise the chat function doesn’t work, 100’s use it successfully everyday. The issue isn’t the Livechat feature.

We can help with that, however refunding the bill won’t fix the issue with the signal, which could go on indefinitely if we just keep refunding rather than fixing.

So we can see what your issue may be, can you answer the following questions for me please?

How long has this been going on for?

Has your service ever worked?

Are calls, texts an data effected?

How many bars of signal are showing?

Have you upgraded recently?

If you can also provide a postcode, we’l happily check the masts in your local area for you too.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hello, thanks for your reply. The problem is currently being sorted out. I am waiting for a new SIM card because I have no bars at all. Usually my phone says “emergency calls only” Apparently engineers are working in the area because there is an issue with reception.

I have been given a refund for the time my phone has been unusable.

The live chat function works for me on my laptop but only if I use Microsoft edge, it won’t work with Firefox.

thanks for your help, hopefully the engineers and new SIM will sort out the problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers for the update @franky.

If it isn’t resolved to your satisfaction, get back in touch and we’ll take a look for you. i’m sure they’ll get it sorted for you though.

Will

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately I’ve had no signal in the house at all. I just received a voicemail from someone at iD at 18:50 but the call was made at 17:00. So it took nearly two hours to come through.

My phone didn’t ring at all but I must’ve got signal for a second for the message to come through.

I then had to go outside to listen to it because in my house it say “emergency calls only”

I tried the SIM I was sent but that made no difference to my reception/signal.

I’ve already spoken to someone on Livechat and decided to leave at the end of my contract on the 20th Jan 2022. There doesn’t seem to be any improvement and I’m missing a lot of important calls so I’ve ordered a new SIM from EE because they apparently have the best coverage in the UK.

Thanks for your help though

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @franky,

That really is a shame to hear, but from what you’ve described it sounds like the right decision for you.

Thanks for the update, and if we don’t speak to you before, have a lovely Christmas.

Will

Why iD Mobile?