Solved

Credit score ruined - £11 after account closed!

• 27 January 2021
  • 16 replies

Hello,

I didn’t miss a single payment but apparently there was an £11 closing fee when the account was closed.

I’m in the process of a mortgage application and other than this (which I was totally unaware of on my credit report until yesterday) my credit is absolutely spotless!

This is literally going to ruin my life - I’ve completed on the sale of my previous house and moved out into temporary accommodation - everything I own is in storage!

I have attempted to escalate this via the chat bot and raised a dispute / notice of correction via the Experian credit agency.

Please, please could someone help me with this? This is absolutely soul destroying. I have never missed a payment on anything in my life!

Kind regards

Tom

icon

Best answer by Kevin 27 January 2021, 18:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @tomeightyeight 

We’ve just got back to your reply elsewhere on the Community relating to this.

To look into it further we’ve sent a private message.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages to get back to us there.

I have just had my latest experian credit report showing I owe ID £1 and have done since leaving unable to contact ID direct to solve this

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @james54 

We would advise calling 7777 from your iD phone, or 0333 003 7777 from a landline or other mobile. (Charges may vary)

You can then select from the following two options: 

Option 1 - Check your allowances, check your spend limit and check your unbilled charges

Option 2 - Hear your balance, make a payment

-Mohsin

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unable to dial 7777 as I no longer have the phone or sim.

tried using the other number used the correct options but would not accept the pin no ( last to digits of my bank account and last two digits of the phone number in question 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @james54 

If the payment cards billing address doesn’t match the address on your iD Mobile phone account then this may sometimes cause authorisation issues between our system and the bank. If you can’t make payment using the automated process as above, and if your payment card details do match then please contact us at and we’ll advise further after viewing your account.

-Mohsin

Have just made a telephone payment using pin XXXX although I was not obviously calling from the number REMOVED.

I confirm my card details and address are the same as they always have been with ID.

I have also taken this issue up with ofcom

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @james54,

We’d advise against posting your PIN publicly, so I’ve edited that out for you.

If you have anything to add to your current escalation, please keep it within the PMs thread we’re currently using to assist you so that nothing gets missed.

Cheers,

Will

Hello, please could i get some help, I have a mark on my credit score, because of an accident with my direct debit, now causing me massive headaches years later with my credit score. The amount owed was less than £50, and I should have known about it, but moved house and never got notified propery of the issue. Please help me, I’m not bad with credit, but this is massively punishing me for a simple accounting error. Thank you in advance. Nathan

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nathan Keziah 

Did you not receive a final demand letter regarding the outstanding bill? This will have been sent to your email. If the payment was not made, then the late marks will remain on your credit file.

-Mohsin

Hi Mohsin, I didn’t receive email, I found out literally over a year later when I had a call out of the blue from ID saying i owed it. I paid the bill in full as soon as I was made aware. I’ve never been late on payments, but this one and now it’s causing me a whole host of problems, please can you help me to have it removed? Thanks in advance. Nathan

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nathan Keziah 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this. To view the message sent, click your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

I have exactly the same problem. No email or other notification that I owed £10.96 after closing my account so obviously didn’t pay. Now I receive an email from a debt collection company demanding the amount which I have paid now and presumably a major blot on my credit report. Can you look into this for me please with a view to removing any late payment from my credit file?

Thankyou

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @dwilde17 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message now to help with this. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

As this had an effect on my credit rating have put in a claim to the courts and tribunals service. Had a email from car phone warehouses legal department offering a small goodwill payment but hiding ID’s poor service in legalise, did respond but not even the courtesy of a reply.

will see how it transpires and post result.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

As this had an effect on my credit rating have put in a claim to the courts and tribunals service. Had a email from car phone warehouses legal department offering a small goodwill payment but hiding ID’s poor service in legalise, did respond but not even the courtesy of a reply.

will see how it transpires and post result.

Hello @james54,

This contact is handled separately to us so we’d only recommend allowing time for a response and chasing if no reply.

Mohammed

I have had the same issue , account was closed 5 months ago and I am now unable to get credit as I have missed payments fir the last 3 months to the value of £2.00 however I have received no notice that a charge has not been paid - so annoying my life is now being ruined because of something I k ow nothing about - I no longer get have the SIM card and don’t know the number ! 

Why iD Mobile?