Solved

damaged by rain

• 28 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I've had a pixel XL 2 on contract since last September/October and the other day my phone got slightly wet in the rain. Now it seems that the phone won't charge. This is obviously a issue with this phone being waterproof.

Basically can the phone be repaired for free or am I sending it back and not paying anymore?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 2 July 2019, 14:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
@Pevans89

I am not speaking here for iD, I will just share my suggestions here.

Water damage is usually not covered by the warranty even when phone is water resistant. Sony back the days covered that but even they stopped nowadays. I would recommend for you contacting Google Customer Support directly as they will be able to tell if they would cover it or not. Alternatively you could pop in to your local Carphone Warehouse as all phones sold by iD Mobile are being repaired there.

Kind Regards
Hi @Pevans89

@Hikari is correct, unfortunately water damage is not covered under the manufacturers warranty.
If you pop into your local Carphone Warehouse store, they can assess the phone and see if it is the water that has caused this issue.
If this is due to water damage, I'm afraid they would be unable to offer a repair.

Water damage to the handset would be classed as physical damage, and as such we would be unable to accept a return of the phone for this issue.
If you have insurance on the phone, you may be able to claim for this with your insurer directly.

Apologies we have been unable to provide better news with regards to this.

Jade

Why iD Mobile?