Solved

Data Gifting Feature on iD Mobile?

• 11 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Does ID mobile allow data gifting between family members?
I never use all my data & my son always runs out & it is really annoying that I’m tied to a contract with mine & then end up paying extra for his. I don’t want to upgrade either.
I know EE allow this so may have to switch to them when I can.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 July 2019, 16:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Dorcas68

Unfortunately iD Mobile does not allow it as of today. This is something I am looking forward to as well as you because I could share some unused data with my partner. I have submitted an idea of it couple of month ago so hopefully we will have it in the future as iD is constantly adding new features and improving existing ones.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
How do you submit an idea/request like that? As I guess the more people who do it the more likely it s to happen. If it doesn't happen by the time my contract ends I shall move though!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Dorcas68,

Hikari mentioned it to us on a Community post as have you here, we've already passed on this feedback previously and hope it's a feature available in the coming future.

Unfortunately, we've not got any news on it right now.

Mohammed
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @Dorcas68

As @Mohammed mentioned I have shared my idea here on the community. This community is a good thing to have, it is not only to seek help but also to share ideas and they all will be read by iD Mobile employees and considered if they are valuable. It always takes time to implement them though. Below I have pasted quote from my original idea regarding this feature.

Quote: Another idea of mine is about ID Mobile services and my own personal needs regarding them. Simply said I would like to have "data sharing between two ID accounts"
So, how would this work?... Lets say that I have my main number with ID Mobile which gives me 10GB of data (which is true) and my secondary number is PAYG (mostly used for work). I would like to share mobile data and minutes across both of my numbers for a small fee. Instead of toping up my PAYG I could pay let's say £2 and share 1GB of my data from my main number which has a lot anyway. I thought this could come handy as I could give my partner some data as she is on 2GB only and would save me from keep turning Hotspot on and off on my phone.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?