Question

Data suddenly used up

• 3 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just received four messages, all immediately after each other (i.e. within seconds). They say I've used 80% of my allowance, all of my allowance, 80% of my cap, then all of my cap.

Nothing was open or running on my phone and I don't see how I could have used more than 2GB in the space of a few seconds. Has something odd happened on the account? How can the data be re-added to my account?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Phil Baker, that is very suspicious and sounds like something has gone wrong.

For immediate assistance with billing and allowance usage for your iD account, get in-touch using the iD online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The customer service team work until 8pm on weekdays - out-of-hours support is 100% automated.  

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  They couldn’t resolve the issue but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get through to them. 

They offered me some compensation for inconvenience but wouldn’t add more than 500MB data to the account, so this isn’t much use, so they’ve logged it as a complaint instead.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sometimes, an old fashioned turning your phone OFF for 5 minutes resolves these allowance discrepancy issues with an iD account - have you tried this ‘trick’?

Userlevel 1

Thanks again, but that hasn’t made any difference.  Hopefully their complaints people will be able to solve it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks again, but that hasn’t made any difference.  Hopefully their complaints people will be able to solve it.

I hope so, although they’ll be relying on the tech team to do so - anyway, good luck.

🤞

Why iD Mobile?