Question

Debt

• 26 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I have been trying to speak to a member of staff due to an issue with outstanding phone bills, and a debt collection agent. I have asked previously about leaving ID outside of the “cooling off period” after getting the contract because I didn’t want or require the need for the phone anymore.

My life situation has since changed and I am currenty unable to pay for the contract, with still has about a year left on it. The address for the contract is my mum’s house, which is the same as my bank card billing address, although I haven’t lived there for a number of years.

I am currently unemployed, homeless, and I am outside of the U.K. I have no plans to return to the U.K. so therefore I am unable to pay for the debt. I just wanted to let you know where I stand in this, and to confirm that the debt doesn’t have anything to do with my mum.

I had an income at the time, yet was unable to end the contract without paying the cancellation fee, which I understand is the procedure, however, due to unforseen circumstances, my financial/life situation has changed. I have no way of setting up a payment plan because my income is £0. The only belongings that I have are my clothes, and the items that are relevent to my survival as a homeless person.

Please read this note thoroughly so that I do not have to repeat myself, and advise me of any actions which you would like me to take (if possible, which in all likelihood, probably aren’t).

Thanks,

David. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @David7,

We’re sorry to hear of your circumstances. Have you spoken to the Debt Collection Agency regarding this? If so, what did they advise?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hello,

They said that they would be handing the debt claim back over to ID. That is the latest information that I have.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

OK @David7 have you perhaps been able to seek advice from organisations that may be able to assist? 

You could perhaps try www.stepchange.org or www.nationaldebtadvisory.co.uk/ and see what they could further advise.

Why iD Mobile?