Solved

Do I need a PAC Code?

• 16 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I am currently on id but am changing my sim only package to a different sim only package still with id.

Do I  need a PAC Code or will the new sim work?

Regards, 

Alan

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 September 2021, 00:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @argalargin,

You’ll need to be VERY careful if you want to keep your existing number!

If you are UPGRADING from your existing SIM only plan to a different SIM only plan, you should be able to keep your existing number. 

However, if you are buying a NEW SIM only package from iD, then you’ll lose your existing number.

A PAC is only intended for use when switching to a new mobile network service provider; as you’re staying with iD you can’t get a PAC.

Take care and good luck! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @argalargin,

Was there anything else you needed assistance with, or has @andewhite managed to clear that up nicely for you?

Will

Hi Will, 

I am still not sure how the new sim only deal I have will work. I am currently with id mobile on a sim only deal and went thru my account to change to a new sim only deal and have had an acknowledgement to say my new sim is on its way.

I am guessing that the new sim will have its own number attached to it  but I wish to keep my current number. How would I do this please?

Kind regards, 

Alan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @argalargin,

If you processed it through your account as a tariff change, it should just be a replacement SIM. Have you checked the iD Mobile App to see if your tariff on there has changed to the new one you selected? If it hasn’t, you may have selected a new line.

If that’s the case, let us know and we’ll get that cancelled for you and process a tariff change on your existing deal.

Will

Hi Will,

The tarrif has changed on my app and shows the new data allowances etc.

Do I need to do anything with the new sim that I have had an email about as having been dispatched? 

Regards, 

Alan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @argalargin,

We’d recommend activating it once it arrives, but if you’d rather not, then just keep it safe in case it decides to activate itself after a few days.

If you need anything else, or ever have any other questions, feel free to get back in touch right away.

Will

Why iD Mobile?