Question

Do I need to change sim card if I upgrade my plan?

• 6 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I am considering to buy a PAYG or a contract plan sim card soon. Please kindly provide the information for the following questions: 

1. Is it possible to upgrade my plan from 1-month to 12-month? 
  2. If it is possible, do I need to change my sim card? 
  3. If I want to cancel a 1-month contract, I cannot give a 30-day notice. What can I do? 
  4. If finally I decide to buy PAYG and then want to change to any of the contract plans, do I need to change my sim card? 

Thank you very much and your reply will be highly appreciated. 

Kind regards,
Catherine 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Catherineliu430 thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, you can upgrade a 1 month rolling SIM to a 12 month SIM. You wouldn’t need to change your SIM for this as we can just upgrade your plan. 

30 days notice is required in order to cancel a plan with us, may I ask what you mean by if you can’t give notice?

If you are on Pay As You Go with us, you can select a contract deal. This will come with a new SIM, but we can port your Pay As You Go number over to the new SIM if you like.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks Sian. If I join the 1 month plan and want to cancel, theoretically I won’t have 30 days in advance to notice you, so what I can do? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Catherineliu430,

Are you advising in the scenario you want a 30 day plan for just literally 30 days rather than it rolling over, you’d be unable to provide notice? 

If you intend to have the SIM for just 30 days, you would provide notice to us upon receiving the SIM.

If I have misunderstood your query, please let us know and we’ll do our best to answer again.

Will

Why iD Mobile?