Solved

don't want to port but have texts saying i'm going to be moved to a different network

• 23 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I’ve just received a load of texts saying my ID account is going to be stopped (in the middle of my monthly plan), I will be charged for this and my mobile number will be moved to a different network tomorrow.

I did not request this and do not want to change anything!  I am happy with my ID pay-monthly account.

My bank account was hacked earlier today so I presume this is also a hack.

Please help!  I cannot contact anyone via the ID website and can’t find anywhere to stop changes being made when I log into my ID account

icon

Best answer by Chloe 28 January 2020, 12:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @MrsU 

It’s very strange that you have received these texts; we’d really like to access your account and see what’s going on here.  Your number would only be moved to another network if you had actively ported it across, which you have made clear is not the case. 

Can you send us an email and include a copy of this review, along with your full name, address, postcode, iD Mobile number and Date of Birth? (This information will allow us to clear security and check your account without delay.)

If you send this over as soon as possible, this will allow us to make sure nothing is processed to terminate the contract today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chloé 

Hi Chloe

I’ve only just seen this comment.

I spent over an hour on the phone to your customer services people on Friday (24th) and they are going to sort this out.

I want my mobile number to stay with my current handset (I don’t have a new phone) and to come back to ID mobile (I don’t want to change network).  So far this has not happened.  I had an email yesterday saying my ID mobile account is being closed, which has really worried me.

I do not wish to send all the information you have requested here as I have also had my bank account hacked. I am feeling extremely vulnerable and scared about giving my personal details to anyone - I’m sure you can understand!

I am extremely distressed about all this.

However this has happened, the main thing is to cancel it all and get everything back to how it was - i.e. my phone number on my existing handset and my ID mobile monthly account reinstated.  I do not want anything to change and have reported this incident to the police as suspected fraud - i.e. somebody else has stolen my mobile number and is using it right now.  I have got no service on my phone and have not had since Friday.

Please will you help?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @MrsU 

We’d really like to get in touch to speak to you about this, however, we are unable to locate any information for us to do so from here.

Are you happy to email us your phone number across to  We can then give you a call and clear security that way if you’re comfortable to do so.

The sooner you send us that information the sooner we can call, we’ll keep an eye out for your email.

(If you can copy and paste your initial post that would be great, it’d really help us link up the email/number to this post.)

Thanks,

Chloé

Thanks Chloe

I’m just going into a meeting but will email you in about an hour

Thanks ever so much

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you @MrsU  we will keep an eye out for your email.  If you let us know the best time to call we can arrange that too,

Chloé 

Why iD Mobile?