Question

Dual sim

• 7 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Does anyone use a dual sim iPhone in the UK and does it work well? I have a personal and business phones and want to rationalise to just one but retain both numbers.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @richardtthomas,

You can, but is that handset dual SIM?

Will

Hi Will
Yes the handset does support dual SIM. 
However, I chatted to an agent at iD Mobile yesterday and apparently iD Mobile doesn’t support the eSIM which is required.
Is there another way of using dual SIM. I have now taken delivery of the iPhone SE so trying to figure out a way of getting rid of the separate phone I have to carry around for my business.

Richard

I’m upgrading to an iPhone SE 2020. Can I use dual Sim with id mobile?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @patrickcpm 

New Apple iPhones are using e-Sim technology to creat Dual Sim. You will need to request Sim Swap with a provider that support it and scan QR code that they will give you, this will setup for you Virtual Sim 2 and your Sim 1 will be physical card inserted into the tray. I am using it in my Google Pixel 3a. I have O2 as my Virtual Sim 2 and iD Mobile as my Sim 1. They both work very reliable and well alongside each other. It's also very easy to change which is is default for calls, messages and data. I think at this moment only EE and O2 support e-Sim technology in the UK.

Kind Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Ahhhh, I see @richardtthomas.

Some handset have 2 SIM trays, in which case it would have worked. We don’t facilitate eSIM unfortunately. 

Will

Why iD Mobile?