Solved

EE locked Phone

• 21 January 2020
  • 5 replies

So I want to buy a second-hand Pixel 4, Locked to EE.
Since it is less than 6 months old I cannot unlock it from EE
As I am aware ID uses EE as one of its service providers, so would I be able to use my sim on the phone without unlocking it? 

icon

Best answer by Gregor 21 January 2020, 21:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @liamchaps 

Unfortunately you won't be able to use iD Mobile on a phone that is locked to EE. iD Mobile is using Three network exclusively as they partner for coverage. EE is working with BT Mobile, ASDA Mobile and Virgin Mobile (apparently not for much longer though as rumors says that Virgin is shifting to Vodafone). Here is a full list of providers active in UK with the networks that their are working on. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

@Gregor 

Oh, when did ID drop using EE alongside Three? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @liamchaps 

I have joined iD Mobile 3-4 months after they started functioning as business and I was never aware that iD Mobile was ever using EE. I did joined them in 2015 because they were using Three masts and Three had good coverage in my village. 

@Gregor 

Yeh my phone sometimes says EE in the top corner, gonna try it on someone's phone on EE and verify

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Gregor

Yeh my phone sometimes says EE in the top corner, gonna try it on someone's phone on EE and verify

Hello @liamchaps,

In some areas, EE has allowed other networks such as Three to access that mast. However, iD Mobile uses Three UK’s masts for coverage. (if in that area, EE has allowed Three to use the masts, then iD will also connect to it).

In the event of emergency calls only, you can connect to any mast to make emergency calls.

If the phone is locked to EE’s network, you will need to arrange for it to be unlocked before it can be used on our network.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?