Question

error 28 - Texting 84848

• 29 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Can't text 84848 but previously could, error code 28 Comes up but why? All settings are correct, premium on, extra cap at high even roaming on. Restarted phone, nothing works.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you check back with us later next week, we’ll see if we have some movement on this also.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andytl,

I will contact our TechTeam to see if they can look into what’s causing this and if the number needs to be re-added to the list.

It’ll be next week before we expect a response but if we get one earlier, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, that's not the reason either. Nothing seems to be working for the number, I used to text it with no problems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andytl,

Can you check if Premium Messaging Bar is not on in the iD app/account?

If it’s still not working, we’ll pass it over to our TechTeam as the number may need to be configured on the network.

Let us know if the Bar is the reason for this or not.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Gregor still no luck at all, the cap is set at £10 and I have not used any of it, my phone has been turned off over night and switched back on so it isn't that, I just don't have a clue !

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Andytl 

I am sorry to hear that you have issues with sending premium messages. 

Are you still experiencing these issues? Reason why I am asking it, it's because when you make changes in these settings that you mentioned in your post, they take a while to take effect. It is recommended to turn off your phone for up to 10 minutes and then power it back on. 

Error 28 is regarding the Cap limit if I remember correctly. Maybe try to increase it a bit more or temporarily removed it so you can have unlimited cap and test it then. 

Let me know if any of these helps you and if you managed to get your premium messages working again. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?