Solved

Expired PAC code,not able go join another network with old number...

• 6 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello. My contract has end with ID mobile and I choosed to return back to 02 .Pac code has expired on 4.07 and busy working totally forgot about that. I only realised that today,on 5th of July.

I had to chat with 5 different people from IDmobile team and wasted a few hours (of my deserved day off )to ask for new PAC number but no one could help me as they saying that my account is no longer active and my number has been lost.

I use this number for 14 years and obviously it’s very important to me to keep it.

Than I spoke to 02 team 3 times and they advise me to request  new PAC ,as without that they unable to help me to keep my number.Also,they mentioned that even my account has closed with ID mobile they have to create new PAC number.

I have to request a complaint on my last chat to ID mobile and they have to contact to me within 2-5 working days...

Does anyone had similar problems and how did you resolve this situation?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 July 2020, 20:11

View original

8 replies

Hello. My contract has end with ID mobile and I choosed to return back to 02 .Pac code has expired on 4.07 and working as a key worker totally forgot about that. I only realised today,on 5th of July.

I had to chat with 5 different people and wasted a few hours (of my deserved day off )to ask for new PAC number but no one could help me as they saying that my account no longer active and my number has lost.

I use this number for 14 years and obviously it’s very important to me to keep it.

Than I spoke to 02 team 3 times and they advise me to request  new PAC ,as without that they unable to keep my number with them.Also,they mentioned that even my account has closed with ID mobile they have to create new one.

I have to request a complaint on my last chat to ID mobile and they have to contact to me within 2-5 working days.…

Does anyone had similar problems and how did you resolve this situation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @guzeltitova 

If you’ve requested a PAC Code, this will only cancel the account once the PAC has been used. 

If the PAC has expired and you tried to use this, then nothing would happen as the network will not be able to process this.

If however, you requested to cancel your contract instead of a PAC code, we cannot re-connect this.

It sounds like you requested to cancel your contract and did not cancel this request.

This would mean that the request was active and completed on it’s set date.

There is no need to request a disconnection and a PAC code, as the PAC will move your number out of our network when used and cancel the service automatically.

Mohammed

Thank you for your reply.

The contract has end and I find better deal on other network.Then I choosed to end the plan.

And then I requested PAC but have not used it at all,I just realised that it expired and I contact to ID mobile team,apparently helpless as I’ve been told that complain team would contact tome over the email within 2-5 working days and no body contacted so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @guzeltitova,

We’ve moved all your posts into one topic to save any conflicting info being provided.

Since you requested a PAC code but also processed a disconnection and didn’t use the PAC code, your contract has been disconnected.

When cancelling, you chose to either get a PAC code or a 30-day disconnection, not both.

Using the PAC code will cancel the contract.

Requesting a 30-day disconnection will also cancel the contract, but without the number being kept.

As the PAC code was not used, the account would have been cancelled.

Mohammed

I have got an email from ID mobile,confirming that my account has been reconnected on PAYG ,and asked if I would like PAC code for my phone number. I did reply yesterday,however I didn’t receive the response yet.

Can you help me with that please.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @guzeltitova,

We’re glad that the number was able to be recovered in this case.

Have you since had a reply from the Team with the PAC code?

Mohammed

Not yet ,as still waiting for response from them.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

You should have had that by now we’d have thought.

Please check your PM’s though, we’ll take a few details from you there and get that PAC to you.

Why iD Mobile?