Solved

Failed credit check?

• 10 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
i already have 2 sims with id and wanted a 3rd for one of my kids. i applied twice and got emails back both times saying i have failed the credit checks.
as far as i know i have an excellent credit report so i am concerned that i may have failed a check. will i have to disclose this information to other parties if i apply for credit in the future?
i'm very worried about all this!😕
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 12 August 2019, 14:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Saturn

Unfortunately iD Mobile allows only 2 active contracts per person for credit check purposes. I am not sure if there is anything that iD could do for you here. Let's wait for @Ryan, @Kash or @Mohammed and they will be able to advise you further on Monday.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
i'm upset because i asked id if i could have another card and was told i could. i'm just hoping now no actual credit check was done 😡
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Saturn,

When you sign up for a Pay Monthly plan, we’ll run a credit check, so we will ask you some questions.

This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. Credit reference agencies will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.

There is some information I can provide you regarding getting multiple connections.
  • An initial number of connections will be offered to you at the time of your application this can be 1 or 2.
  • Following the Initial connection(s), You can apply for further units (one per time). This can follow the payment of 3 bills. This is usually after 75-days of your initial connection.
  • Payment must have been successfully applied to your account by direct debit - 3 bills payments will be required if the value and/or the number of units taken at the time of the initial connection are considered high value tariff £30+
  • The account must be Up to date with all connections and must all have active direct debits.
Sometimes, the data we find on a credit check doesn’t meet our criteria. Although that means we can’t give you a Pay Monthly plan, you can still join us on Pay As You Go.

In the above instance, your order would have been cancelled before a credit check was ran.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I don't understand why I wasn't told about the 2 card limit. I asked on the chat facility if I could have a 3rd card and was told I could.
I'm not sure from the reply if a credit check was run and failed or not? I've checked my credit report and it's fine.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Saturn,

Our internal checks would flag up this issue before a credit check has been carried out, so there shouldn't have been a 3rd one done. If you see anything differently then let us know so we can look into it further for you.

Ryan

I have failed credit check and I have no idea why! We’re can I get help??

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @klav123,

Unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to overturn a decision here I’m afraid. We would recommend trying to reorder after 30-days has passed.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?