Question

Final Bill Surprise

• 23 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I left ID Mobile 13th August after my contract came to an end and i had completed the purchase of my phone outright. However, i was then billed an additional monthly payment of £39.55 and my final bill shows me in credit for just £16.61.

Is this correct as I don’t understand why i’m being charged for a service that i no longer have? 

finally, how is the money owed returned to my account please?

Thank you.

Paul.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Roscoe,

Final bills are usually processed 48 hours after the disconnection is processed and are due to be paid within 14 days.

Do you currently have a direct debit active for the credit to be processed back to?

Kash

iD Mobile

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash 

You only replied to the second part of my questions?

The direct debit was cancelled after you took an additional payment..

Paul.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Roscoe,

You would still be charged your normal monthly bill before the disconnection date.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Yes, but my normal monthly bill included the cost of a new iPhone which was paid up when the contract ended. Why am i still being charged for a phone that I now own?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Roscoe,

I can see that you have sent us a Private message so we will check this out there.

Kash

iD Mobile

Userlevel 1

Let this be a warning to other customers - when your contract comes to an end ID Mobile will continue to bill you for the same amount as previous months even though you have completed the purchase of your phone. I’m not sure this is legal as other Suppliers show the payments separately so that you know when the phone is paid for you only pay for the sim.

Ensure you have a new sim only deal lined up with ID or preferably move to a more reputable operator.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Roscoe,

We email customers at the end of their plan to make them aware of their options with regards to upgrading, going SIM only, or changing supplier so that they can decide what’s best for them.

Will

Why iD Mobile?