Solved

Fraud account in my name

• 22 March 2021
  • 7 replies

I am not an ID mobile customer but I have received two letters from ID Mobile. One saying I have set up a Direct Debit and the other is a Final Demand Notice. Someone is using my name and address for this fraud. 

How do I go about reporting this and get the account closed? I’d be grateful if someone could get back to me ASAP.

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 22 March 2021, 16:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @ArfiaA 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message now to help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages

-Mohsin

Hi my husband has had phones taken out in his name. The contract has been cancelled but he is still getting letters for payment even though he didn't get the phones. He has phoned the police and action fraud. He's currently black listed because of all this and we really need it sorting ASAP. Could you kindly help us 

Kind regards 

Angie 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Angie12 

We are sorry to hear that. If you can get your husband to message us through his own Community account, we will be able to look into this for him. 

We’re also contactable via Facebook and Twitter if you use those platforms. If you have trouble using those services then please let us know here and we’ll offer further support.

-Mohsin

Hi,

I am not an idmobile customer- my id has been used to create an account online- fraud case. I have now received to letters from idmobile stating that i need to make a payment to the sum of- £608.56. 

i have informed my bank and payments have been stopped- my card has been replaced. This needs picking up and the fraud account in my name needs to be removed. 

I have also reported this with action fraud uk- crime ref number is as follows:                                               NFRC210404438728.

Idmobile account number on the letter reads- 12291703.

Samina Hussain

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @shussain2020,

I am very sorry to hear about that. We will send you a PM now to help further.

Ryan

I have been hit with the same issue. Account set up in my name. Ive tried contacting you but I’ve had no response and it appears to be impossible to speak to anyone at ID mobile. Can someone advise on how I get this account shut down. Ive reported it to action fraud. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jas1,

We’ll drop you a Private Message to get this closed down and logged appropriately.

Will

Why iD Mobile?