Solved

Fraudulent Account - Final Demand

• 8 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am messaging regarding a letter that my mother has received from iD Mobile. The letter is a FINAL DEMAND for the sum of £38.99. The letter has an account number on it.  My mother has tried to call the automated service regarding this letter but she says it asks for her iD Mobile telephone number..... which she doesn’t have. She has NOT got, or EVER HAD an account with iD Mobile! This is obviously a fraudulent account.  She is nearly 80 years old and has been extremely frightened by the arrival of this letter, which is the very first correspondence she has received. I have tried all ways to talk to someone about this as the letter states she has only 7 days to pay this amount or debt collectors will be instructed! I need to get this sorted today as she is getting more & more distressed.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 11 January 2021, 17:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello @Jacqui Ann,

As advised above, we do advise up to 5-days for a callback.

Has she since received this callback?

We can log the fraud form on her behalf with you if you have all of the details?

Let us know and we’ll send a PM to you.

Mohammed

Hi

She has still not received this callback and is very, very anxious as the 7 days are now up!  She is absolutely terrified that bailiffs will be knocking on her door!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jacqui Ann,

As advised above, we do advise up to 5-days for a callback.

Has she since received this callback?

We can log the fraud form on her behalf with you if you have all of the details?

Let us know and we’ll send a PM to you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jacqui Ann 

We do understand your concerns and would like to reassure you your mother will receive a callback within 5 days.

Michelle 

Good afternoon

It has been 4 days since my mother left a voicemail giving her crime reference number and she has still heard nothing.  She is now extremely anxious that she is going to get debt collectors knocking on her door over this FRAUDULENT account!  She is an elderly lady who does not deserve to be left with no contact from you regarding this! I will be taking this matter further if she is not contacted!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Jacqui Ann 

We do understand your concerns and would like to reassure you your mother will receive a callback within 5 days.

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply Will.

As my mother is nearly 80, as stated above, she is not computer literate so would be unable to converse with someone via this platform.  She spoke to somebody on the phone yesterday (after leaving a voicemail) and they asked her for a crime number, which she has obtained.  She has left another voicemail with the required details but nobody has come back to her to confirm these have been received.  She is extremely anxious about this.  What is even more frustrating is the fact that a Mobile Phone company have no way of being contacted BY PHONE (discounting having to leave all personal details in a voicemail and waiting for a callback).

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jacqui Ann,

Is your mother able to set up an account on here so we can help her get this resolved?

Will

Why iD Mobile?