Question

From the end of contract to a new sim-only deal

My contract with ID ends on 7 June. I have taken out a sim-only deal with ID (via uSwitch because it was cheaper for some reason) to start on 7 June. However, it appears that ID will charge me for the new sim deal from today - 22 May - regardless of the fact that the new sim hasn’t arrived yet, and I still have 2 weeks to run on my existing contract. 

Is there any way to delay the activation of the new sim until my existing contract ends? If not, do I have to cancel the sim-only deal and wait until my contract ends and then reapply?

Thanks. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @HugoV 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Thanks, Mohammed. Can you please let me know the easiest way to cancel the new sim-only deal I have just taken out? The new sim hasn’t arrived yet even though I started being charged from 22 May.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @HugoV,

There’s no way to delay the activation of your SIM.

SIM Cards are activated upon dispatch.

If you cancel and re-apply, you would also be subject to a new credit check.

It’s also not possible to transfer the number from one iD plan to another.

The best way to end up with only 1 SIM-only plan is to Upgrade you rexisting contract to a SIM-only and cancel the new contract.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?