Question

Galaxy A3 firmware compatible with WiFi Calling?

• 28 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
At home we do not have any reliable signal on any network so are looking to get compact phones compatible with WiFi calling for both of us.

I already have a Samsung A3 locked to Vodafone that works with WiFi calling, I will get it unlocked in a few weeks when Vodafone allows, but from other posts it is not clear if it will work on ID. It has a CSC of A320FLVFR3CRL1

I have just purchased another A3 unlocked of ebay but cannot get WiFi calling working on Vodafone, IDmobile or O2, although on one occasion it displayed the option but did not work. It has a CSC of A320FLPHE4CSF1. It will go back on Ebay.

O2 says check that CSC contains ‘TEF’, ‘O2U’ or ‘OTF’,

So what should i look for to get one compatible with ID?

What is your CSC if you have WiFi calling working on a Samsung? -- Dial *#1234#

Thanks

Tim

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @TimJ,

I don't have the CSC Number I can get for you as all of our devices are sealed and can't be opened but will leave this topic open for someone who can get this for you.

We can only guarantee/support WiFi Calling for phones purchased directly through iD Mobile.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi Tim,

You will be OK if it's a Galaxy A3 2017.

Mine is unblocked and I bought it over to iD and with NO SETTING CHANGES it works perfectly on ID.

Mohammed is WRONG in what he says above.

If you go to the iD mobile website there is a table of which phones they support WiFi calling and a Samsung A3 2017 is supported whether purchased from iD or not.

If you have any more questions Tim, I'll try and help.

Regards,

Paul
Userlevel 1
I am afraid that the IDmobile and Vodafone's websites are incorrect and not all Galaxy A3 2017 work with WiFi calling. O2's website is contradictory in one place saying any firmware will work, in another saying Samsung's need O2 firmware. To be correct it would be better to say that I have failed to get WiFi calling to work on my unlocked Galaxy A3 2017 on ID, O2 or Vodafone.

Paul, which operator did you move from, what is your CSC?

here is another thread about a ex Vodafone Samsung not working with ID WiFi-Calling.

My problem is that I want a small phone, and they are now mostly discontinued. The A3 is the only one on ID's WiFi-calling list, some operators also list a Sony compact but not ID.

For the end user the whole situation of WiFi-Calling and compatibility is a nightmare.
Userlevel 1

Hi Tim, I moved from Vodafone to iD but the A3 was unlocked when I bought it (from CEX) and I've used it on Three, O2 and EE.

I'm not sure how to find the CSC information, but I'll look on here to see if I can find out.

Just for your information, in my case there are no settings on my phone for WiFi calling, the icon just appears when signal is low and WiFi is good.

Regards,

Paul
Userlevel 1

Hi again Tim,

I've found it:-

A320FLBTU3CRL1

It's different to yours, but I have no idea what it means.

Regards,

Paul

P.S.
Just found this web site

https://samfrew.com/download/Galaxy__A3__/l44g/BTU/A320FLXXS3CRK3/A320FLBTU3CRL1/

On the list it says the "BTU" in mine is "United Kingdom" but it doesn't mention your "VFR"

Your ebay phone "PHE" looks like it might be from Spain?

Why iD Mobile?