Question

hi. my name is mark stokes

• 28 March 2020
  • 3 replies

hi. my name is mark stokes. number REMOVED. email REMOVED. i am due an upgrade and clicked on the links to upgrade to a samsung s10 lite. for some reason it has processed as a completely new order?? why os that? this will set up a new direct debit and everything and put a new credit check on my file? why? please please cancel and sort as i just wanted my upgrade :-(

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @markstokes,

For upgrades, you need to be logged into the iD account and select the Upgrade option.

If you have visited the website and placed the order, you have checked out a new contract instead.

We’ll need to set-up a return for you for the new contract, however, you can place an upgrade order as normal via the iD website after logging in.

Mohammed

Hi. That's exactly what I did. I logged in to my account then clicked on the upgrade option that was on the main screen then followed it through. I thought it was odd when it was asking for my address etc then I realised when it was too late. Can you explain why now when I look the monthly price for the phone I want ( S10 lite ) is £1 a month more to upgrade than it is for a new contract???? £23 for new. £24 to upgrade???? Same contract?? Can someone call me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @markstokes,

We’re not able to call you to discuss this as our Sales Team are currently closed.

Prices may vary with upgrades and new contracts and remembering that new contracts require a credit check, where as upgrades do not.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?