Solved

Hiding my number when calling out

• 6 February 2019
  • 2 replies

i don't always like my number being displayed when i call a business as this often leads to an unrequested call back or being putting on some kind of spam database

is there anyway of blocking your mobile number before making calls. dialling 141 first doesn't work.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 February 2019, 14:01

View original

2 replies

i don't always like my number being displayed when i call a business as this often leads to an unrequested call back or being putting on some kind of spam database

is there anyway of blocking your mobile number before making calls. dialling 141 first doesn't work.

Hi Mohammed de beau here!

sorry for the delay - I have a samsung J6 2018.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll give it a go and let ya know!

Many thanks,
Mdm De B
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @renoire de beauviere,

This should be possible and depends on your handsets!

The older handsets like the Nokia generation supported this by adding the prefix 141.

Now this has changed. The steps for this depends entirely on your device.
If you can confirm your make and model of your handset we will try to find this out for you.

For example, on my device (Huawei Mate 20 Pro) I would tap the "Phone/Dialler" icon followed by the 3 dots menu icon and select "Settings".

Then right at the bottom under "Service Notices", I'd select "More".

Then the option for "Caller ID"

From here the following choices are available:
  • Network default
  • Hide number
  • Show number
Selecting Hide number would then make the number private, thus not displaying it when I call out.
Show number will show the number always and Network default will just carry out whatever the default option is set by the network.

For other Android phones, the settings are fairly the same so you should be able to locate this with ease I hope.

If you're on an Apple handset it's Settings > Phone > Then scroll down to Show My Caller ID and toggle on/off as required. This will vary slightly for different models or iOS versions.

Just as a side note, this will not hide your number on texts.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.
If this has solved your query, please let us know so we can make it as resolved and if you're still needing support, confirm the handset make & model as above and we'll get back to you on this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?