Does the unlimited sim only data plan have unlimited hotspot or is it capped

icon

Best answer by Gregor 25 January 2020, 20:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @AdamBlanch 

iD Mobile does allow tethering for their sim deals but does not officially support it, in a sense of setting it up and running.  If you will be able to set it up yourself then you will be fine to use it without any restrictions or caps. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Well I'm on the unlimited data package right now while I am waiting for my new broadband installation. It tethers fine with my apple mobile devices as long as the lock screen is disabled.it also works on my smart tv.but i cant get it to work on my laptop or xbox.it connects in a blue moon, and then after 15-20mins it boots me out saying mac address is blocked by your provider.I cant then reconnect at all for days.So i am a little puzzled.anyone else had this? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gman101,

When using the mobile hotspot to use consoles online gaming services, it may not work due to the amount of bandwidth it requires in order to get you connected. It may also not be compatible due to the connection type and technologies used by the console in relation to IP addresses so you would be best off speaking to the manufacturer of the console to see if there are any settings on the console that can be changed.

Ryan 

Many thanks for your helpfull reply .. after some tweaking I found I could get on the xbox in the earley hours for a couple of hours then it goes again, so you are right the console must take a lot of bandwidth. I did find selecting low data mode in the mobile settings on my iphone helped, but as you said the device I expect needs too much bandwidth to work properly. I alsofixed issue to my laptop not connecting, I selected 2.4ghz only instead of 5ghz .. seems to be fine now. All other mobile devices work fine. Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Gman101,

No need to thank us. But thank you for sharing your findings and fixes with the community. It’s posts like this that really help the Community out, and we’re very grateful you took the time to share this with us.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Will

Why iD Mobile?