Question

How do I speak to someone about why I am being billed so much

• 15 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I am struggling here with ID mobile and its making me miserable. 

My phone screen is completely shattered and I cant get it replaced. 

Until I get through to someone Im being charged a ridiculous amount and I just want someone to clarify why and help me reduce the amount.

My monthly line rental should only be 12-15 pounds but I am regularly paying 50 pounds because of small bolt ons that I didn't want to be recurring. The website is abysmal and unclear, the bills are unclear as to why im being charged so much, and what the payment category of ‘UK’ means. 

I thought I had been paying insurance. I am pretty sure I have insurance but I cant navigate the website or speak to anyone. 

If someone could get back to me regarding why my bill is so high and how I can go about repairing my phone so im not being charged while my phone lies broken.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @acaribe1 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I believe I'm paying too much on my monthly bill..how can I reduce it

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Thracian

Is this in relation to unexpected additional costs, or do you feel the plan you’re on could be cheaper in general?

How long have you had the plan for? Is it SIM only or did it come with a handset?

Will

My teenage daughter has a sim only plan, it’s £5 a month, and has been for a few years. 2 weeks ago she gor a new phone. We put in the sim card, and everything seemed fine. Now I’ve just went online, as I was going to upgrade her plan, and I’ve seen that this month’s bill is £29.99 at the moment! How can this happen? For years she has not been 1 penny over the £5.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @joolz1066,

I am sorry to hear about this. Due to using a new phone, this may have caused additional usage if the settings surrounding data usage are different. On top of that, when a new phone is being used, a lot of apps and services need to be downloaded and updated which can cause extra data usage when not on the WiFi network.

If you log online to check your bill, you will be able to see what has caused the charge and if it is due to data usage, you can check the phones “Data Usage” section within the settings to see what has been used.

You can look into setting up a bill cap of £0 to ensure further usage does not occur once the new billing cycle arrives.

Please let us know how you get on.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?