Solved

How do I upgrade to a SIM only plan?

• 13 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am eligible to upgrade today and I like the £6 sim only deal - (12 month contract - 3GB Data)  

I have 2 questions before I upgrade. 

1. I have 49.95 GB remaining of a 50 GB add on/boost which was part of my current phone contract with ID, will this be carried over to a new contract? It says I have until April 2022 to use it.

2. If I proceed with the sim only contract (2 months early) will my old contract end today?

kind regards,

Nick.

icon

Best answer by Will 13 January 2021, 14:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello @viscousv6,

When upgrading, any additional data would be lost so we can’t guarantee this will be kept.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed, thankyou for your help, I’ve signed up to the new contract and my remaining data boost was automatically carried over to the new account so I’m very happy,

Nick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @viscousv6,

When upgrading, any additional data would be lost so we can’t guarantee this will be kept.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi @viscousv6,

As for point two, upgrading the line will put you on your new plan and end the old one immediately, but the line itself will continue uninterrupted. 

With your first point, have you any more details about this add-on you can share please? Have you had this 50GB for 22 months and only used 0.5GB?

Will

Hi Will, that’s correct I’ve had the 50GB data boost for 22 months. At the start of the 24 month contract I was given 50GB data boost on top of the normal allowances, and 36 months to use it. I have only used 0.5GB of the data boost since the start of the contract.

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @viscousv6,

As for point two, upgrading the line will put you on your new plan and end the old one immediately, but the line itself will continue uninterrupted. 

With your first point, have you any more details about this add-on you can share please? Have you had this 50GB for 22 months and only used 0.5GB?

Will

Why iD Mobile?