Solved

How do upgrades work

• 27 November 2020
  • 5 replies

My contract ends today and as I'd like to keep my phone I decided to get a sim only contract. I've been with ID for 2 years now and decided to stay with them for my new sim.

I chose and purchased the deal I want last night. Does this mean I will receive a new sim? Why can't I just keep my current sim as it's all with ID? Also, what do I do in the next few days whilst I wait for the new sim to arrive, can I still use my phone with my old sim? 

icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 27 November 2020, 21:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Please can someone respond. I'm unable to get hold of anyone via customer service 

Badge +10

@Smoosh

If you did the transaction from your account dashboard with the change plan or upgrade options then all that will happen is you will get a final bill for your current contract at some point during the coming weeks and your new pay monthly contract will seamlessly tag on to your current sim.

If you go to your account dashboard your plan, including your new monthly line rental and allowances will change within 30 minutes of your request. However, your billing period won't change — that remains the same.

More on how to change plans can be found in this link

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/plan-changes

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My contract ends today and as I'd like to keep my phone I decided to get a sim only contract. I've been with ID for 2 years now and decided to stay with them for my new sim.

I chose and purchased the deal I want last night. Does this mean I will receive a new sim? Why can't I just keep my current sim as it's all with ID? Also, what do I do in the next few days whilst I wait for the new sim to arrive, can I still use my phone with my old sim? 

Hello @Smoosh,

Apologies for the delayed reply, as @terrywebbs  mentioned, you need to have done this via your account by logging in and clicking Upgrade.

Then select SIM only from the options and then your plan.

If you purchased a new contract outright, it’ll be a brand new number.

Let us know if you want help with returning this and then upgrading.

Mohammed

I did it through my account. Does this mean the new sim will have my old number. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Smoosh 

If it was an Upgrade or Plan Change that you did, then you should retain the same number but simply auto-switch over to the new tariff you had chosen.

It would only ever be if you went and made the purchase of a new SIM-only deal (which would be it’s own separate line) that you would then have a new number.

If you need any further help though, just ask away here or contact our Live Chat Team https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Why iD Mobile?