Solved

How to block incoming number

• 27 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Twice a day I get a notification saying I have a voicemail when the phone has not rung. The call is always from the same number 01282707170, Research on the internet shows this is a nuisance call The message is just silence. I have added this number to blocked calls in my settings but that has not stopped it. Is there somewhere on the iD app where I can block it. I can’t find anything, This only started when I joined iD last month and it is driving me mad

icon

Best answer by Michelle 3 February 2021, 11:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jan68,

Are you receiving a missed call or, getting a voicemail notification?

As in, do you get a notification saying there’s a voicemail but there isn’t when you go check?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

The phone does not ring but I get a text saying I have a voicemail. i ring voicemail and it says 01282707170 has called and then there is a silent message. 

This is driving me mad so I’d welcome any help

Janice

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jan68,

When did you join iD? Has this call notification happened since the beginning or only recently?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I joined iD over christmas. I did not get my number transferred until  early January. I think the notification started about a week after that

Janice

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jan68 

You should be able to block the number from contacting you.

Is the number showing in your recent incoming call list?

Also what type of phone ae you using?

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

I have blocked the number on my Nokia 1 but that has had no effect. The number  never appears in my incoming calls list but the phone never rings - I just get the voicemail message. I don’t understand how I can get a voicemail without the phone ringing first but that is what is happening

Janice

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @jan68 

Thank you for confirming the above information. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and help resolve the issue with the voicemail message.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle

Userlevel 1

Thanks

I have done that. I should say that I haven’t had one of these messages for 2 days now but I don’t want it happening again if there is anything you can do to prevent it

Janice

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jan68 

We’ll help resolve this issue via PM.

Thanks

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?