Solved

how to port out my phone number without cancelling my contract?

• 15 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi
I ported in my phone number from giffgaff to idmobile after I had purchased a new mobile with a contract with idmobile at the last March.
Unfortunately, the signal of idmobile is so weak in the place where I work, so I want to go back to use my phone number on a giffgaff sim in my work.
I don't want to cancel my contract with idmobile, but I want to transfeer my phone number from idmobile to giffgaff and want idmobile to give me any another random phone number on the current sim. How can I do that?

thank you in advanced.
icon

Best answer by Gregor 16 May 2019, 11:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Mahmoud

Unfortunately there is no way to port your number to another network without ending your contract.

I do have a suggestion though. You could get new number from giffgaff and setup call forwarding on your handset that has idmobile sim in it to the number given by giffgaff. As long as your phone support this feature you will be able to receive all calls made to your iD number on your giffgaff number. Here you can find very useful topic regarding call forwarding.

Bare in mind that you will be charged for call forwarded from your allowance and then your standard rate when allowances are over.

Kind Regards.

Why iD Mobile?