Question

How to stop my emails going to spam on my wife's phone?

Userlevel 1

We both have the same phone and are on the same iD contracts, yet my emails go to spam on my wife’s phone. Her emails to me go to my inbox. How do I get my emails to go to her inbox please?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @CJW thanks for getting in touch.

This would be to do with your wife's email inbox settings, and not the phone nor iD.

Her email account will identify some email as being junk and automatically spam it. Sometimes the algorithm can get this wrong. I would suggest to check her settings on her email account.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @CJW,

Are you and your spouse using the same email service provider?

^AW 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Sian-where do I go on her phone to find “email inbox settings”?

Thanks andewhite-yes, we are both with Virgin ntlworld.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@CJW, without knowing what mail app you’re using on your phones, it’s difficult to say how to find Inbox setting.

What smartphone are you both using and what mail app or apps are you using?

^AW

Userlevel 1

We both have Samsung A50s and use “Email App”, at least that’s what the icon says below a picture of a white envelope on a blue background(as you can gather, we are not very tech. orientated, sorry)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@CJW, you could try looking at the “https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-email-app/” online support page (by Samsung).

This page has a section about “Managing Spam emails and addresses” - within this section are instructions on how to remove email addresses you no longer want to ‘mark’ as spam.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite, will have a look.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @CJW,

Have you had chance to look into that then? Are you all sorted now?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite-looked at the Samsung link you so kindly provided, but it did not help because the drop-down menus on my wife’s phone were different to those in the link. Thus, was not able to follow the guidance. Any other ideas please? Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @CJW,

Sorry that the Samsung link didn’t solve the issue.

With Android smartphones all being slightly different and with Google releasing new versions annually, it can be challenging to work out how to do things.

You could try Samsung Support or perhaps look on YouTube for guidance on “Managing Spam emails and addresses” in the Samsung email app.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite,will try that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Please let us know how you get on @CJW :slight_smile:

Why iD Mobile?