Solved

How to withhold number?

• 6 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
According to the FAQs, calling #31# before calling a number should withhold it. However this does not seem to work anymore. Testing this by calling my home phone, I can plainly see my home phone's number on the handset display.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 August 2019, 16:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @liamness,

Can you give us a link to the FAQ's where this is displayed?
I may be viewing the incorrect page here but can't find the exact bit you're referring to, sorry!

I'd love to pass on this feedback to our Web Team to look into and correct.

I know that 141 used to be the method to temporarily hide your number for that call.
You can permanently change this by heading to your Settings / Call Settings and the option should be there to "Hide my number"

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
It's here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/faq

"Yes, you can withhold your number when making a call from your iD mobile. Simply type #31# before you make your call. Please note: the normal method of withholding a number - pressing 141 - doesn't work on an iD device."

I swear #31# used to work, too.

Regardless this is not as pressing as it was when I first posted - I was trying to withhold my number when calling recruiters. I've just bought a second PAYG SIM from a different carrier to use for this purpose instead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @liamness,

Thanks for providing the link to that.

I'll pass on the feedback for the Team to double check this, though, you should be able to withold your number via the Call Settings in the device.
But you'll need to change this back each time you want to show the number.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?