How you can make an answer better

• 3 January 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi all! :)

I'm terribly sorry for sounding like a nag, but i'd like to request that when anyone posts a question of issue that they provide all necessary information in their initial post as this can help save time and get problems resolved a lot faster.

To Include: Why its important:
Handset/Device: Not all devices are the same and will have different directories within
phone settings, we can't help if we don't know where to direct you

Issue Specific: We can help you a lot more if we know what the issue is or what errors
are being displayed

When?/Where?: Has the issue always been there? Is it only a problem in certain
circumstances/locations? These simple points can truly help

If there's any extra information you know about, provide us with it! We can't effectively help you without proper communication.

Below i have include a good example and a bad example.

Good Example: "I have received a brand new SIM card today which i am trying to use on my iPhone 7 but all it is displaying is "No Service" at the top of the screen. I have however been able to use it on another phone at the same location so I'm sure its not an issue with coverage. My phone is also unlocked. Help would be much appreciated! :)"

Bad Example: "Phone not working, help"

Please also remember to mark answers as the "Best Answer". This will help the solution become more acknowledged and help lots of others with similar issues.

Thank you all :)

Dan

10 replies

Badge +10

@Danp6891 you could try the sort option for searches, that might weed out the chaff and find the answers you need… altho I do have issues myself, the search results can show a handful of questions a year old, when I for sure there are lots more made recently that hardly ever come up!

Userlevel 1

I know it just annoying as sh+t when this site is based around "ask the community" but everything I'm needing answer too is "we have pm u"

And the live chat is "phone this number for ANY questions" soo thats useless too!

Do they not know the reason we apply online is so we don't have to deal with phone calls! 

Badge +10

Doesn't help when someone asks a question and they reply "iv private mailed you" kind of defeats the hole purpose of the site! 

@Danp6891 

Agree we need to know what the end resolve is…

However to be fair on most occasions these questions are account based and require a more personal touch and so to protect the members security and identity, the private message systems is the best most secure place to resolve account and billing issues.

Personally a more open approach would be beneficial explaining why the private message system is being used and why an appropriate answer is not being left in the forum!

Userlevel 1

Doesn't help when someone asks a question and they reply "iv private mailed you" kind of defeats the hole purpose of the site! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
If everyone could have a read of this on sign-up, this would save so much time.
Really helpful post @daniiiiiv

Regards
Adam
Userlevel 3
May I also suggest following all else you drop it off to a local professional mobile phone expert, ie carphone warehouse Teamknowhow who could be located in most carphonewarehouse/currys stires. The experts would be able to determine the cause of your problem, it could be software issue which could require a simple programme transfer via usb or maybe a part needs changing to fix the problem. If needs be your phone could also be sent off to the manufacturers for a fee who could also root out the problem and hopefully fix it.

I hope the problem gets fixed soon.
Userlevel 3
Hi all! :)

I'm terribly sorry for sounding like a nag, but i'd like to request that when anyone posts a question of issue that they provide all necessary information in their initial post as this can help save time and get problems resolved a lot faster.

To Include: Why its important:
Handset/Device: Not all devices are the same and will have different directories within
phone settings, we can't help if we don't know where to direct you

Issue Specific: We can help you a lot more if we know what the issue is or what errors
are being displayed

When?/Where?: Has the issue always been there? Is it only a problem in certain
circumstances/locations? These simple points can truly help

If there's any extra information you know about, provide us with it! We can't effectively help you without proper communication.

Below i have include a good example and a bad example.

Good Example: "I have received a brand new SIM card today which i am trying to use on my iPhone 7 but all it is displaying is "No Service" at the top of the screen. I have however been able to use it on another phone at the same location so I'm sure its not an issue with coverage. My phone is also unlocked. Help would be much appreciated! :)"

Bad Example: "Phone not working, help"

Please also remember to mark answers as the "Best Answer". This will help the solution become more acknowledged and help lots of others with similar issues.

Thank you all :)

Dan

Ok first of all is the phone unlocked to accept all network Sim cards?

If yes you need to know I'd mobile runs on a 4g network so you'd need yo check the network settings making sure you're on the correct network mode and this could be done by going into the network mode and if needs be making sure the network is on the correct setting which in this case is 4g and then following this you would need to restart your phone.

Hope all helps!!!
Userlevel 2
Really helpful post @daniiiiiv!

We've moved this post to the 'Ask a Question' sub-forum, and pinned it to the header of the forum. We're hoping this will give it the best opportunity to be read before users go to post a new question.

Keep up the good work!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
I will be using link to this thread very frequently, Thank you Dan for taking the time to create it. Well done 🙂
Badge +10
@daniiiiiv shame we don't have privileges to make this a sticky post, fantastic...

Why iD Mobile?