Question

I can't receive text messages

Good morning

I recently joined ID mobile after leaving Vodafone. I ported my number across from them  to my new handset ,Oppo A72, which was fine. However, I can’t seem to receive text messages from my contacts but I can receive messages such as those from ID mobile. At one point the messages were going to my old phone but this has now stopped. I have tried resetting the network settings, rebooting my phone, taking the sim card out and replacing it etc. 

Edit it just seems to be my husbands number I cant get texts from

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Ladyl1980 

At the time when you were receiving messages to your old phone, the number port would have still been in process. Are you able to make and receive calls from your iD Sim? Can you also send text messages to other contacts apart from your husband? Is it only receiving text messages you are having an issue with?

-Mohsin 

Hi there

Thank you for your response, I can confirm that I can make and receive calls from my  phone. I can send and  receive texts from my other contacts . Yes only receiving messages from him as I can send messages to him.

Lisa

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Ladyl1980 

You mentioned you are receiving texts from other contacts? So has the issue now been resolved?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Ladyl1980 

In case if you problem has not been resolved yet, I would like to ask you couple of questions to determine the cause of that issue.

Did you by any chance moved from an iPhone to Oppo when you transferred to iD Mobile? Is your husband sending you messages from an iPhone? 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ladyl1980,

Any joy with this one so far?

Will

@Gregor  thank you for your response, neither of us have/had an iPhone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ladyl1980,

Does your husband receive your messages, or is it just one way that it doesn’t work?

Does he have any other issues with numbers or is it just yours?

Will

Sorry for not replying sooner. He can receive my messages but I can't receive his.

Hi @Ladyl1980 

You mentioned you are receiving texts from other contacts? So has the issue now been resolved?

-Mohsin

This issue has not been resolved, I still can't receive messages from him

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ladyl1980,

Thanks for this information. If you were to place your SIM card inside another phone and then have your husband text you, does it still not come through? This will test if there is a device issue or if it is network related.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?