Question

I have 1 PAC for two numbers, it's not being accepted for the second number

• 20 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to transfer two numbers from Virgin mobile, they provided me with one PAC for both numbers. The first was accepted by IDMobile but when I came to transfer the second number I got a message saying I’d entered an invalid PAC.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Frustratednewcustomer 

You will need a different PAC code for each number. Please speak with Virgin and ask them to provide you with a second PAC code.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

I can’t get another PAC code from Virgin - they have provided the system-generated code. They have tried cancelling the request and generating another PAC and they get the same code.

You can use the same PAC code for more than one number. Other mobile companies manage this without issue.

You do not need a different PAC code for a different number.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot have a single PAC number and use it for multiple numbers. Every PAC number issued is linked to a the mobile number it was issued against and won’t work if used with any other number.

@Michelle is correct! Virgin need to issue a second PAC code for the second number on the account. 

If you still have access to the SIM with the second number try texting ‘PAC’ to 65075

Userlevel 1

Thanks Paul but Virgin disagree - as do several other mobile companies who operate in the same way.

I’ve requested the PAC again and got the same code, I’ve cancelled the PAC and requested it again, and got the same code!

Userlevel 1

And I’ve just done a live chat with an ID Mobile rep who says the (same) code has been accepted and the number will be ported. Let’s wait and see if it works! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sounds interesting @Frustratednewcustomer.

I’m going to go with @Michelle and @WelshPaul’s advice here and say what you’re describing isn’t possible, as each number must have it’s own specific PAC code, but if someone is saying they can do it, then best of luck to you!

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi, I just thought I would chip in here.

I transferred two numbers from Virgin Mobile to TalkMobile last november and I was a little concerned as Virgin only gave me the one PAC code for both numbers. However when I transferred to Talkmobile both numbers transferred across no problem with just one PAC code. The TalkMobile system recognised that there were two numbers incorporated in the PAC code and used them correctly.

So it does work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Frustratednewcustomer 

Let us know how you get on with the number transfer for your second Mobile number using the same PAC code . If you have any issues please let us know.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?