Question

i’ve broken voicemail by using the wrong code

• 23 June 2022
  • 8 replies

I was trying to change the number of rings before my voicemail kicks in and I read in here to dial: 

**61*123**15#

This seems to have stopped my voicemail working altogether. 

does anyone know how to fix it again?

thanks! 

Ben

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try and turn OFF the voicemail service, from the iD app or your My Account online.

Leave it OFF for an hour or so, then turn it back on.

The voicemail is provided by three (iD’s network partner). The three online support pages have more about using and configuring your voicemail.

You normally have to go through the menus in the voicemail system itself to change the settings.

If that doesn’t solve your issue, you’ll need to ask an iD agent to look at voicemail on your iD account.

Thanks! 

I had tried that already but the app still thinks that voicemail is on. 

in fact, if I deny the call or have my phone off then it does still go through to voicemail. It’s only if the call rings and is unanswered. So it’s not completely off. 

i did go through the voicemail settings by calling 123 and couldn’t find any option for setting the number of rings. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What phone have you got? It sounds like you have disabled call forwarding for “Forward when unanswered”. To re-enable this on a Samsung phone you’d open the phone app > Three dots (top right) > Settings > Supplementary services > Call forwarding and set the “Forward when unanswered” option to use 123.

@WelshPaul I have an iphone SE2020 and not a Samsung sadly.

I’ve looked at the call forwarding settings on the handset and they are all off currently.

Looking through many threads on the community, many people have entered the same code as me and seem to have inadvertently switched off their voicemail too. Sadly none say how they have managed to fix it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have you tried logging in to your iD Mobile account, disable Voicemail, wait a minute and then re-enabled it?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks! 

I had tried that already but the app still thinks that voicemail is on. 

i did go through the voicemail settings by calling 123 and couldn’t find any option for setting the number of rings. 

You’ll probably need to contact iD and speak to agent using iD Live Chat - they’ll need to look at your iD account in order to get this fixed.

If you’ve turned OFF voicemail in your iD My Account, then I’d imagine this problem will be passed to the tech team - anyway, good luck.

Have you tried logging in to your iD Mobile account, disable Voicemail, wait a minute and then re-enabled it?

Thanks yeah I tried that but sadly didn’t change anything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Benw 

Given @WelshPaul and @andewhite have tried basically all the troubleshooting steps we’d typically advise we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

If you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview We’ll see you there.

Alternatively we have our iD Mobile Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter teams too!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?