Solved

I want to buy a SIM card for my daughter. How do I do this?

• 19 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I need to buy a card for my daughter. I do not live at the same address as she does and so cannot comply with your delivery rules. ie the card I wish to use to pay fro the SIM does not have her address as the billing address.

What do I need to do to get a SIM to her?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 April 2018, 13:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
And BTW way live chat not working!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @faygord,

Welcome to our iD Community and we're glad to hear you're thinking of taking out a contract SIM with us.

And BTW way live chat not working!

Our Live Chat are only operational between the set times. If an agent is busy, you'll get the message advising this.

I've just tested this and it seems to be working fine.

I need to buy a card for my daughter. I do not live at the same address as she does and so cannot comply with your delivery rules. ie the card I wish to use to pay fro the SIM does not have her address as the billing address.

What do I need to do to get a SIM to her?

In regards to your query, we only deliver to the billing address (for security reasons).

If you wanted to get one out to her, you can always order this to your billing address and then arrange for this to be posted by yourself to her.

The SIM is activated upon dispatch so she can pop it in and start using it right away.

Just be sure to register for an account on MyiD or via the iD app.

You can find info on how to do this here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/app-and-my-account-23/how-to-register-for-my-account-174

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
You answer re address and billing makes it more or less impossible for me to do business with you and I see no reason why the delivery address cannot be different to the billing address. Check Amazon and other on-line operations.. they allow multiple delivery addresses against the same account and billing address.

And Live Chat is STILL not working and I am trying to access during working hours.

Not impressed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @faygord,

We're disappointed you feel this way.

Is there any further help you required that you're trying to speak to Live Chat in regards to?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?