Solved

I want to give 30 days notice AND keep my number

• 13 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I want to give 30 days notice (on my 30 day rolling contract) AND transfer my number to the new supplier a day or two before the 30 days is up.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 15:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

But I want to give 30 days notice (on my 30 day rolling contract) AND transfer my number to the new supplier.

In other words I want to give 30 days notice and use a PAC, say a day before the 30 day period.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @spaarks 

All number ports can take from 24-48 hours. Once you have received your new phone, you can start the PAC request on your end.

-Mohsin

But that does not answer my question Mohsin.

It is not important that the PAC request could take 24-48 hours. What I want to do is to give 30 days notice so that I can avoid most of the early cancellation charge, and also keep my old number.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @spaarks 

You have 30 days to use your PAC code before the code will expire. 

How long have you had your 30 days SIM-only contract? 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

I have had my sim-only contract for about two years.

I want to give 30 days notice to end the contract and close to the end of the notice period I want to move my old number to a new provider.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you for confirming @spaarks 

As you will out of contract, you will only be charged line rental up until your number port completes.

You can use your PAC code now and you will not be charged an additional line rental, if your PAC is used, for example, 20 days before the PAC expiry date.

I hope the above information helps. 

Michelle

iD Mobile 

It is a 30-day rolling contract. Under My Account I can can give 30 day notice and it will end in 30 days: by clicking “End your iD mobile plan” but I will lose my old number according to the description above the button - “Ending your plan means you’ll lose your number and your plan will terminate after 30 days”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @spaarks 

If you want to take your number over to a new network provider, please select leave and take my number (PAC), you will be issued a PAC code, the code is valid for 30 days.

You need to give your PAC code to your new network provider, once done your iD account will disconnect.

If you do not want to keep your number, please select end your iD mobile plan. Your account will disconnect after 30 days.

Please let me know if you require any further help. 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?