Solved

ID Contract Credit Refusal

• 26 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I recently attempted to purchase an ID contract through Carphone warehouse.

However the purchase was later refused due to a credit check.

I’ve checked with most major credit rating companies and my credit rating is good.

I’ve had it suggested it was because i already have 2 phone contracts. Both I will cancel after getting a new phone contract.

The first is with ID. I did not buy the new contract from them directly because they did not offer the phone with the data i needed. I also want to cancel my existing contract after i get the new contract so i can retain the number long enough to transfer it to the new contract

The second is with Vodaphone, who have offered me a new contract at a 25% discount as an existing customer. ID mobile's price is still well below the discounted Vodaphone price, but i don’t want to cancel this before i have a garunteed ID contract (and risk loosing the existing customer discount).

Could someone please advise, i have found no other reason why i have been refused my ID Contract, and I am having trouble contacting anyone at ID directly.

icon

Best answer by Rory 27 March 2021, 13:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @JTurnbull, thanks for getting in touch. The issues are likely due to you already having two phone contracts as you say. Unfortunately, with credit checks, we don’t have any way to manually override this. 

If you were to cancel one line and wait 30 days before applying, and you have good credit as you say, I can’t see any reason why you’d be rejected. However, we can never guarantee you’ll be accepted, unfortunately, so whether you’d want to take the risk is up to you.

Thank you,

Rory 

Why iD Mobile?