Solved

ID Mobile broadband (MiFi)

• 21 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I've got a few different questions mainly about my ID mobile broadband account, but also how this relates to my already existing ID mobile phone account.

1. I bought ID mobile broadband in Nov 2018 on a monthly contract. I already had an ID mobile phone account and have the app on my phone. I seem to have 2 separate accounts with different account numbers. Is it possible for these 2 accounts to be merged into a single account? If it was all within the same account I could use the app to see at a glance both my contracts, amounts debited and dates of payment.

2. When abroad, I tried using the wifi on mobile broadband and had problems. I phoned the ID support number. I got a pre-recorded menu, with nothing on it about mobile broadband - it only covered phones. So I checked the ID website - there were no mobile broadband products listed - and yet I have a Huawei router and a monthly contract provided by ID mobile. Where can I find help with fixing my use of wifi (router) abroad?

3. My mobile broadband account has a different account number. Where can I find this account number? I can't log in to the account online because I don't know this number. Nor can I access it through my mobile phone account. Help!
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 22 July 2019, 13:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Thank you for this very detailed response. I will follow this up and try to resolve the problem then let you know. Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I've got a few different questions mainly about my ID mobile broadband account, but also how this relates to my already existing ID mobile phone account.

1. I bought ID mobile broadband in Nov 2018 on a monthly contract. I already had an ID mobile phone account and have the app on my phone. I seem to have 2 separate accounts with different account numbers. Is it possible for these 2 accounts to be merged into a single account? If it was all within the same account I could use the app to see at a glance both my contracts, amounts debited and dates of payment.

2. When abroad, I tried using the wifi on mobile broadband and had problems. I phoned the ID support number. I got a pre-recorded menu, with nothing on it about mobile broadband - it only covered phones. So I checked the ID website - there were no mobile broadband products listed - and yet I have a Huawei router and a monthly contract provided by ID mobile. Where can I find help with fixing my use of wifi (router) abroad?

3. My mobile broadband account has a different account number. Where can I find this account number? I can't log in to the account online because I don't know this number. Nor can I access it through my mobile phone account. Help!

Hello @PC64,

Sorry to hear you're having issues here and I'll be happy to answer this.

So each iD Mobile connection will have it's own number. You'll need to make an account for each of these and log-in separately to manage them.
It's not possible to merge these together at this moment in time, though, we've fed this back and hope it's available in the future.

As for your MiFi, we've since stopped selling these and our Data only SIMs which is why you can't find anything on our website relating to this.

If I understand correctly, you only have 1 iD account registered which is for the iD Mobile phone you're using?

You would need to register an account for the MiFi connection, but we'll need to support you on doing this. This is because the registration steps now send a text to the number, and since the SIM is in a MiFi device, there's no way for you to get that number.

The quickest way in my opinion would be to message us over on Social Media (due to the complexity of this) we'll be able to resolve this much quicker.
On Twitter it's: @iD_Mobile_UK
On Facebook it's https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/

Just give us a link to this post so we're aware of this and mention you were directed there.

If you can't do that, don't worry, you'll be able to email us over on 
It'll take longer but we'll pick this up for you.

In regards to using services when Roaming, you'll need to ensure that the MiFi device has the correct APN settings for this.
To do this, you'll need to log into the settings of the device which I believe should be explained with the instructions that were provided with the MiFi device.

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @iDmobileAL,

We don’t offer direct support for MiFi devices so we would not be able to find out those settings for you unfortunately and I have a feeling that our SIM cards mobile data connections would likely not support a connection of this type.

Hopefully someone else may be able to offer further assistance!

Similar issue.

My landline broadband went down so I popped my iD Mobile SIM into my Huawei B535 Mobile Router.

I’m now burning through my data allowance at speed over wifi. :laughing:

But when I tried connecting a device via one of the router’s LAN ports it is not allowing an internet connection.

The manual states “Configure the relevant settings on the web-based management page before connecting to the Internet through an Ethernet port. For details, please contact your carrier.”

I’ve logged into the router and see the ethernet settings need updated but the question is with what?

Options are … 

LAN only

PPPoE + Dynamic IP

PPPoE

Dynamic IP

Static IP

I don’t suppose there’s a nice simple answer to this that I can be e-mailed and copy/paste into the router’s web-based ethernet setting management page?

Thanks, AL

Why iD Mobile?