Solved

ID Mobile Support Team

• 8 June 2021
  • 7 replies

I had cause today to contact support to ask a question regarding using my phone when needed as a hot spot.

My question was simple….I have the unlimited data package and wanted to know if i could use my phone as a hot spot when needed and would there be any additional charges….

Her reply was Please be advised that you can use your phone as a hotspot but you will incure additional expensive charges…..

I responded...even though i have an unlimited data package…

The reply...Yes.

So my question to the community is, how do we get in touch with the support people to advise them to re train their people. 

I came on here and found the answer as well...It clearly states i can use my phone as a hot spot with NO additional charges. If the support team does not know this, what other false information are they giving to customers???

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 9 June 2021, 13:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @clubsceneuk2, could you please confirm the date and time of the conversation as well as the name of the agent so we can feed this back?

A screenshot or transcript of the conversation would be helpful, too.

We do apologise for the misinformation provided.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory

the chat took place around mid day. The agents name started with an R but I’m afraid I can’t recall it completely and I don’t have a copy of the chat. 
I know it’s not a lot of info but I did input my mobile details which may help. 

Userlevel 1

I recently did an upgrade for my daughter, I paid £240 upfront to reduce the monthly costs!but I just checked my bank statement and,They have taken out the full amount which is £32 a month instead of £22.99 a month I am really not happy about this because it was meant to be a straightforward upgrade and this has happened to me before it seems like the people at carphone warehouse are not doing their job properly or  you guys are not communicated with your staffs  properly either way I am not happy about being overcharged!!!!!

Userlevel 1

Hey 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@clubsceneuk2 That’s not good! Hopefully @Rory will be able to track down the agent and educate them on ID Mobile’s Tethering policies.

You might find this information useful: https://www.4g.co.uk/tethering/

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Kenise hijacking other peoples threads is considered rude, can cause confusion and even delay you getting the help you need. 😔

I see that @Emil has kindly responded to the same question you posted in another thread here:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @clubsceneuk2 

We will send you a Private Message now so we can feed this back on our end. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?