Question

imessage weing number

Hi iMessage is showing old ID mobile number not ported one .

I’ve tried lots of things - turning off and on . Checking number in settings and iCloud . Resetting network etc . Signing in and out of iCloud . 

when I turned off and on and reinserted sim ( as some sites suggested ) mobile number showing defaulted to original ID number and not ported number . 

I can enter mobile number and  correct it manually but then it still won’t verify 

just stalls at verifying . 

please help 

sorry can't edit the title to correct it. to iMessage showing wrong number 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

A network reset will normally fix this issue - are you sure your number port was completed properly?

You could try the following:

1. Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages), and turn OFF FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  2. Turn OFF your iPhone - leave it OFF for at least 15 minutes.
  3. Turn ON your iPhone.
  4. Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT and confirm the correct mobile number is shown. If it's not correct, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".
  5. Turn ON iMessage (Settings > Messages), and turn ON FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  6. Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed against “Start new conversations from:” - if not select the correct number.

Good luck.

Thank you

I’m thinking  there was something wrong with the number port . 
As tried the above and it didn’t work . Also tried removing and  replacing the sim but when we did this the old number came up and  had to be manually changed . 

will try again though - otherwise I guess I work out how to contact ID and get them to check 

thanks  again 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you

I’m thinking  there was something wrong with the number port . 
As tried the above and it didn’t work . Also tried removing and  replacing the sim but when we did this the old number came up and  had to be manually changed . 

will try again though - otherwise I guess I work out how to contact ID and get them to check 

thanks  again 

Yeah @Janothomson, your SIM could be faulty or it could be you’ve suffered a split-port (basically the number port wasn’t completed properly), which is iD Mobile’s job to put right.

Your best option for immediate assistance is iD online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Otherwise, try getting in-touch through their social media pages on facebook or Twitter.

The customer service team work until 8pm weekdays. 

Why iD Mobile?