Question

Impossible to cancel (I've seen this topic countless times)

• 21 June 2021
  • 6 replies

I have had the contract for two years. I need to cancel as I no longer need a UK number. It is simple, however, like others, I cannot complete the cancellation. 

• Link to cancellation - returns to homepage
  • Livechat - Doesn’t exit
  • Phone number - Leads to nowhere. 
  • Email and text alerts for new contracts - Works really well. 

It is a clever system but horrible for customers. Designed to reduce cancellations I imagine. I am assuming customers much reach complaint level to get a result so please do the the PM thing and cancel my contract. Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Not sure what “Link to cancellation” you’re using but this one works just fine for me:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Live chat exists on the above link or direct here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Live chat is available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays - You get connected to a chatbot at first but just type the word “Agent” and you will get connected to a live agent. 

FYI - ID Mobile doesn’t have a call centre and so you cannot call to speak to anyone other than to report a phone/SIM lost or stolen (0333 003 7777).

Please just look at the other messages. It is the same issue.

You know what it means surely? “Link to cancellation” = When I click on “End contract” I can only go to customer services which only offers Livechat which isn’t opening. (The cancel button is not to cancel the contract - it is to return to the previous screen.

The Livechat doesn’t open. I’ve tried on the browser and on my phone.

Please can you actually help? I just want to cancel the contract. Sending me links that I’ve clicked on 20 times isn’t useful. 

Would you answer these questions instead? Let’s actually find a solution:

• What could be the reasons the live chat don’t work?
  • Can it be cancelled without the live chat feature? 
  • Is there a way to cancel via email? 
  • Can you send a PM so we can solve the issue?
Userlevel 8
Badge +6

• What could be the reasons the live chat don’t work?
  • Can it be cancelled without the live chat feature? 
  • Is there a way to cancel via email? 
  • Can you send a PM so we can solve the issue?

Live chat works for me, maybe you have popups blocked. 

Wait for a member of the forum ID Mobile staff to respond to your post.

No

No

Hi Paul, 

Amazing. There is something useful there. 

You say I may have “popups blocked”. Could you explain that further so I can get connected to the LiveChat? 

What do I do exactly to fix that?

Thank you 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When you click on the live chat button a new window or popup window will open. It’s possible that your browser, ad blocker or security software prevents new windows or popups from opening. Figuring out which one and how to turn it off varies.

An example - On my Samsung device, I use Samsung Internet browser. If I open the app and go to Settings > Privacy and security I have various options such as “Block pop-ups”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Elmill89 

We are sorry to hear you having issues cancelling your contract. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.  
To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?