Question

intermittent SIM connection

• 31 March 2021
  • 9 replies

I have a Samsung Galaxy A40. Randomly I see the message "No SIM card fitted" and the signal is lost. Without intervention the message disappears and a connection reappears. I have cleaned the SIM with a clean dry cloth and moved it to the alternative SIM Slot but the problem still exists. What action should I take?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @hodderf 

We are sorry to hear this. This would usually happen when the sim card tray is loose which is causing problems detecting your sim. Have you recently dropped the phone by any chance? Have you tested another sim inside the phone? 

Mohsin

Phone has not been dropped and Card holder  appears secure. Unable to check alternative card but fault is replicated when alternative SIM Slot is used

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @hodderf 

We would advise testing another sim card in the handset or trying a different sim in this handset so this way we can determine if the faults lie with the sim or the phone. 

-Mohsin

Unfortunately I do not have access to an alternative SIM and access to Carphone Warehouse shops is not available. I may have to go to another supplier.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s a shame @hodderf.

If you do get chance to carry out that test for us though, or require any assistance ending your agreement with us, please do get back in touch.

Will

Help to change to another supplier is not the answer expected. How much does a replacement SIM cost and how do I obtain one?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @hodderf, if you speak to our Live Chat team, they’ll be happy to issue a new SIM free of charge.

Thank you,

Rory

Tried Live chat but could not talk to a person and robot told me to go to Carphone Warehouse if I have a warranty problem., Which are closed to visitors

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @hodderf, I’ve just dropped you a private message so we’ll take it from there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?