Question

Is anyone else experiencing blocked websites?

• 8 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have recently been given a link to torproject.org from a friend, and wondered if the website was down as I couldn't access it (I was on mobile data at the time). When I switched to wifi at home, I could immediately load the website perfectly fine. I had tested this out, with different browsers, putting the SIM into different devices (even a laptop running Windows) and with other mobile networks (O2 and EE). It appeared that torproject.org was getting blocked.

Is this an issue for anyone else or is it just me?
Also, I do not have content filtering enabled for my account.

If this question gets censored from this website, it'll explain a lot.

Thanks,
Andrew

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have recently been given a link to torproject.org from a friend, and wondered if the website was down as I couldn't access it (I was on mobile data at the time). When I switched to wifi at home, I could immediately load the website perfectly fine. I had tested this out, with different browsers, putting the SIM into different devices (even a laptop running Windows) and with other mobile networks (O2 and EE). It appeared that torproject.org was getting blocked.

Is this an issue for anyone else or is it just me?
Also, I do not have content filtering enabled for my account.

If this question gets censored from this website, it'll explain a lot.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hello @2secslater,

Try enabling/disabling the content filter.

Are you able to access mature/adult content as normal when connected to Mobile data?

If this works fine when you've not got content filtering, then it sounds like an issue with the website not so much a network issue.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Mohammed
I'm getting this issue in the last two days. 1st August 2019
Filter on then off and cleared browser settings and no joy.

Fine on WiFi.

Any true reasons?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi all,

Given the nature of the website, it could be blocked for safety reasons. You can contact our Live Chat team here if you need this flagging.

Ryan
It came back yesterday morning.
It was an innocent site about Lego but seems to like the adult filter off for some reason.
(genuine adult sites were also blocked but are now back too.)

Like I said, fine on wifi and now fine on network. I enabled and disabled the filter and must have taken a few days to catch up

Why iD Mobile?