Solved

Is there a minimum amount of time between porting a number to iD before you can port it out again?

• 4 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a minimum amount of time between porting a number to iD before you can port it out again?

I expect that this thread will be ignored and deleted like my other ones.

icon

Best answer by Will 6 February 2021, 17:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Are you sure you haven’t deleted them @Leverz ?

I personally replied to both.

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will No, I did not delete them, when I went to view them, the links in the emails are dead, and they are removed from the list in my profile.

So Questions are :

1. Is there a minimum amount of time between porting a number to iD before you can port it out again?
  2. Why is iD mobile blocking short code SMS from companies like Uber, and will you fix it?
  3. What is wrong with the Community site? Password has to be reset if I log out and in, tested on multiple systems and browser combinations.
  4. Who deleted my 2 posts?

I’m still counting questions 2 and 3 as being active since business opened this morning, 04/02/21

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Leverz,

1. No, there is no minimum time.
  2. We aren’t blocking short codes, I’m not denying you’re having issues, but I can confirm that we don’t block them. Have you checked they have the correct number down for you? What level of coverage do you have when they’re being requested?
  3.  Nothing is wrong with the community site. As I advised on your other post, it’s a very specific problem you’re describing that I have not seen a single other customer have before. 
  4. Nobody deleted your posts. However this issue, combined with 3 leads me to suspect there is an issue with your specific account. Would you like me to delete it so that you can try setting one up again from scratch?

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will 

1. Yes, I checked, multiple times, I am receiving various other OTP messages from other groups. My coverage is fine.
    If you are not blocking short code SMS, then you must he having some sort of problem, as just a quick search using OTP as the key, returns 54 results in community, never mind any that have been archived or deleted.
    So what is your solution to this?
  1. For now, I want to have the problem in point 2 addressed before anything else.
Userlevel 1

Honestly, why just ask a question, that the chances are the user has already checked. Provide other options or a solution, you guys really should have one if it is a problem that keeps reappearing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Leverz,

Honestly, we have to ask the questions that the chances are people have already checked, because there is an equal chance that they haven’t checked. Some people are less tech savy than others, and sometimes it’s the simplest solution that can prove the most effective, but thank you all the same for your invaluable feedback, we'll be sure to take it on board.

That you mention receiving other OTPs suggests to me that it’s an issue with the sender of this particular one. Have you contacted them about it yet? If so, what have they advised? 

Will

Userlevel 1

I have contacted them, and they have stated that there is no issue on their side.

Userlevel 1

You are working with people on other threads to resolve this issue, so it seems to be a common theme.

Userlevel 1

@Will Adding Flag

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi again @Leverz,

We’ll drop you a Private message now to pass this over to our tech team for you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?