Solved

lost phone and forgotten password

• 21 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have lost my phone. I want to block it so whomever finds it doesn’t make loads of calls. The automated help service doesn’t include an option to reporft5 a phone lost. I don’t remember my account password. I’m stuck. Help lease?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 21 June 2022, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Sorry for the keying errors. I was just trying to do it too quickly.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, you’ll need help from iD Mobile with this issue.

If you’re happy to wait here, then someone from iD may read this forum post tomorrow.

Otherwise, you can get real-time assistance using the iD Live Chat service - if it doesn't work on your smartphone, then try another device like a tablet, iPad or laptop.

You can also chat to iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

Only one thing to note - the iD agents work between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends. Outside these times you’ll get an automated reply.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for this reply. I think that I will have to wait until tomorrow. I have finger print security on the phone so I think that I will be protected. It’s just really frustrating that I’ve been so careless.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, bad luck indeed.

Some Android phones can be factory reset using particular combinations of the on/off switch and volume +/- controls.

If real people aren’t available on the Live Chat service, apparently you can also report the phone lost or stolen using the automated telephone service on 0333 003 7777 from a landline or another mobile (charges may vary).  

Userlevel 1

It’s the next morning now. I cannot find live chat. I try the link in the reply above but it simply doesn’t work.

The automated phone service doesn’t have the option to report a phone lost. I feel like I’m going round in circles! Can anyone out there help? Thanks in anticipation.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What error are you getting there @Alan Martin?

The live chat is from https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.
If the live chat doesn't work on your smartphone, then try another device like a tablet, iPad or laptop.

You can also chat to iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

Just remember - the iD agents work between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends.
Outside these times you’ll get an automated reply.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

I’ve found that using Google Chrome browser works. I can see live chat. Up to now I’d been using Opera.

I’ve found that Opera doesn’t work too well in other ways.

On the automated phone service I used the option to say that I was thinking of leaving Id. It worked a treat. The call handler was able to sort almost everything.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve found that using Google Chrome browser works. I can see live chat. Up to now I’d been using Opera.

I’ve found that Opera doesn’t work too well in other ways.

On the automated phone service I used the option to say that I was thinking of leaving Id. It worked a treat. The call handler was able to sort almost everything.  

Glad you’ve got the issue sorted now @Alan Martin.

It’s funny how helpful a company becomes, when you announce you’re leaving - seems you’ve discovered a fast-track way of getting telephone support.

I used to use Opera, but stopped after the company was taken over by a Chinese organisation, although seems they’re still based in Norway..

Why iD Mobile?