Solved

Lost Phone, what happens next?

• 16 May 2019
  • 3 replies

I have lost my phone which I pay a monthly contract fee to ID, now that I have reported to ID that my phone is lost will they stop the contract and restart it when I get a new phone?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 May 2019, 14:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @harryhull,

When you lose your phone, it's best to get in touch with us and let us know.
We can then report the handset as lost/stolen.

This will blacklist the handset for you and place a block on the account to prevent someone from using it.
Payments would continue as normal here and would not restart at a future date.

We can issue you a SIM right away once you let us know you need one, or you can get one later when you've managed to get a new handset yourself, you just need to let us know.

But otherwise, your payments are going to resume as normal each month.

If you wanted to cancel, we can still look at this for you. If you're in the minimum term, there may be a fee involved in cancelling.

If you've got insurance with an insurance provider, we'd recommend speaking to them regarding making a claim as they may be able to help here!

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Mohammed

I lost my phone. And i want to put on black list. And to open another account for nother phone. I cant do this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kenedy,

We can blacklist the handset here for you if you like? Just say the word and we’ll get the ball rolling on that.

As for starting a new account, how long did you have left on your existing agreement?

Will

Why iD Mobile?