Question

Moving to sim only at end of contract.

• 3 December 2020
  • 1 reply

My contract has ended & I want to get a sim only deal with ID.

I think I should have clicked on upgrades & chosen a sim only deal from there but instead I just ordered a sim only deal & the sim card arrived today.

No idea what to do now. Should I ring Carphone Warehouse & cancel the sim I’ve just received & then order a sim only deal from the upgrade menu or what ? If I do this & order a new deal from the upgrades do you actually send a new sim card or do you just press some buttons at your end ?

What about my number which I want to keep ?

What happens to the new direct debit I’ve just set up for the new deal ? Do I cancel it ?

Please reply in plain language as I’m not tech savvy.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @mobygrape 

As you have ordered a new SIM contract, this would need to be cancelled, once cancelled the contract will disconnect. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and check your order has been cancelled.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

To upgrade your current contract to SIM only and keep your mobile number, you can log into your account online or through our app to view all upgrades available to you.

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?