Solved

My family have 4 mobiles, but you keep cancelling my orders - help!

• 28 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Can someone from customer services please urgently assist?

Between me, my wife and children I have 4 mobile phones to manage.

We are coming to the end of our fixed tariff elsewhere and yesterday I put in 4 orders for a 12-month sim only plan. 

You have processed 2 orders, cancelled 1 and I haven’t heard back on the 4th.

This morning I have tried to reorder the cancelled one and it was cancelled again saying I failed the credit check which is factually incorrect. I understand you have security checks, but I don’t understand why I would have failed those either. 

If you do not process the last 2 orders I’ll be forced to go to another provider, which I don’t understand the logic for when I have acted in good-faith and am eligible for the product. I want to coordinate my orders so I don’t have different contract timings for my phones, and I want to ensure I obtain the pricing package to which I have signed up. It appears unfair to me for you to advertise a rate and apparently limit the number of orders that can be put through by an individual to 2-3, surely 4 contracts in a family isn’t THAT unusual in this day-and-age?

I am hopeful that you also have some non-automated processes to stop you losing customers.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Alan

icon

Best answer by Michelle 4 December 2020, 11:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @AlanP2020_1 

All of our orders are subject to a credit check and if the criteria has not been met then the order will be cancelled. If the criteria is met, then the order will need to pass our internal security check so this might be where the order has fallen short. We can't disclose the exact reason as to why an order would fail a security check as this would compromise the integrity of our checks.

It might be a case of having to wait before a second/third account is allowed to be purchased and from this position, we can only advise you to try and reorder. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Michelle 

Userlevel 2

Thank you Michelle,

It’s a shame that you don’t allow prospective clients to purchase more-than-one sim at a time as that would require just one credit/security check and you would probably be a more profitable enterprise as a result. As it is, we applied using my wife’s name/email for the remaining sims and now have all 4 so are in the process of moving across to your service. What that hopefully proves is that the issue is not with us in terms of credit, but with your limits on sales that you must be applying.

I’ve since realised I’m just one of many who have raised this issue with you, so I expect my voice will be lost in the crowd but please note that I’m making this suggestion to help your job security as much as I am trying to make my own life easier- i.e. I’m trying to frame a win-win for us all here as I’m sure there are many of us who have multiple sims and don’t want to wait around for weeks to buy them, which means we’ll have differing contract term end dates and possibly lose the promotions we want to subscribe to.

In the meantime, I’m happy to be back as an IDMobile customer again after a few years away, appreciate the value of your offering and hope that by the next time I buy from you I don’t have to go through this rigmarole again.

Have a great weekend,

Alan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AlanP2020_1 ,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have fed this back and it is something we hope is available in the future with the growing rise in trend where a whole family share 1 network.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future once these features become available.

For example, a feature we’re looking into for the future is having multiple accounts that can be managed in 1 dashboard rather than needing 1 account log-in for each and then using different emails for each, requiring re-logs each time.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Thanks Mohammed,

I had that feature with O2 (who I switched from) and it was very useful. I also struggled to set up my logins with you this time as I have previously had 4 accounts which are now inactive. Fortunately, I found the conversation where you advised to use full-stops in a gmail account which worked, but again is far from ideal so its great to hear you’re looking into these things.

Wishing you a happy remainder-of-2020 and a peaceful New Year holiday.

Alan

Was trying also to buy 2 sim only plans and 1 pay monthly with phone… I currently do this on Vodafone was lookin to switch but again I can’t check basket out.. so looks like  I too won’t be switching. This needs addressing families need to monitor children’s accounts. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

ID Mobile only allow two accounts per individual.

If you try and order more than two, ID Mobile will cancel orders 3, 4, and so on. Only orders 1 & 2 will be processed (providing you pass the credit check). If you want more than two pay monthly accounts, you’re best choosing another network.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Stu3,

The advice provided by @WelshPaul is correct. We tend to only allow 1 or 2 lines under the same name. So any more would need to be placed by a different named account holder if you wish for more in your household.

Will

Basically it seems that if you are trying to manage family mobiles then ID is not for you. I’ve spent ages in Help (going in pointless circles) and there’s nothing I can find about managing multiple sims. I can’t even manage the two I have for my boys as I can’t register myself without a sim (My contract is elsewhere).

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

My contract is elsewhere and I have two ID Mobile accounts for my boys too.

I had no issues registering online accounts for both of them. 🙂

Simply register for an account using the link below:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

Enter the ID Mobile number and not your own number that you have on contract elsewhere. You will have to register for two accounts if you have a second ID Mobile account! Simply do as you did the first time but now use the ID Mobile from the second SIM to create the second account.

This post may be of help too:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Tim Booth 

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing. 

@WelshPaul  has provided the correct information to help you register your two accounts. Please let us know if you need any further help and we’ll send you a private message. 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?