Solved

My new sim card doesn't work but I dont know the new number

• 28 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have just purchased a new phone and contract but when I enter the sim card it doesnt work. I have tried everything and would like to order a new sim but I can’t register for an account with ID without knowing the number of the new sim card.

With the sim card not working I dont know how to find my new number to do this. Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 June 2022, 10:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Sam Drake,

New handsets should come with an activated SIM card.

If you need a replacement SIM, use the Live Chat service to ask for a replacement SIM card.

You can use any telephone number with online chat and type “talk to a person” once you’re connected (to avoid the bot).

If online chat doesn't work on your smartphone, try another device like a tablet, iPad or laptop.

You can also chat with iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

The iD agents work between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends. Outside these times you’ll get an automated reply.

Good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In addition, the “Switching to iD?” community article might help.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @andewhite!

I took the “talk to a person” advice on the livechat and they confirmed the number connected to the sim and ordered a new sim to be delivered to my address.

Thank you again for your help!

Sam

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sam Drake, I hope it arrives soon.

Did the iD agent advise if this replacement SIM will be sent to you already activated, or will you need to follow the received a replacement SIM card process? 

There’s more about this in the “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community article.

Unfortunately, iD will’ve started billing you from the date the original SIM card was dispatched, which seems unfair given the issues you’ve experienced.

Anyway, good luck. 

Why iD Mobile?