Solved

My order was declined. Why?

• 12 October 2018
  • 48 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi

Very frustrated ‘customer’ here. July 2018, My wife wanted a new iPhone SE through car phone warehouse and was declined for a £15 a month tariff with no explanation as staff are not informed of the reason. We have an excellent credit rating and there should be no reason to be declined. So I tried my luck to register the phone in my name and bingo! No problem. New phone. Happy wife.

2 months later, my phone was due an upgrade and I thought i would go for the same phone and tariff as my wife’s as we were happy with the phone,service and deal. I was declined even though I am a existing customer with again no bad credit history, good salary, mortgage no credit card debts etc, confused and annoyed I was told to come back and try again in 30 days after this application had expired.

So today I tried again and guess what , I was declined again!! Again no reason given, I have no financial issues whatsoever and stress I am a existing customer with my wife’s new phone with an option for a second line according to the cpw man.

Even more annoyed I asked for the ID customer service number to complain as the member of CPW agreed I had a strong case. So I rang the 7777 number.......many options but not one for actually speaking a customer service rep no matter which option you choose.

can anyone help me further either with a response from ID who can look into my contract application or at least a number where you can speak to a human not a automated service.

i only want to buy your phone ! I don’t understand why I was declined.

Dave
icon

Best answer by Michelle 11 January 2021, 14:59

View original

48 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Steve GSmith

We don’t provide specific information regarding a credit check failure, further to this we don’t provide any information on an internal security check failure.

If a deal isn’t available we would remove it from the website but still fulfill the order if it has been placed.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash 

We don’t provide specific information regarding a credit check failure, further to this we don’t provide any information on an internal security check failure.

But you seem all too happy to provide false and misleading information in your emails by specifically mentioning: 

Unfortunately you didn't meet the credit check criteria required for the contract you requested.

If a deal isn’t available we would remove it from the website but still fulfill the order if it has been placed.

So you say. 

Userlevel 1

Hey, guess what, this BS is still happening 4 years after this thread was started - what an absolute joke!  Existing customer with very strong credit score, turned down for 2nd phone for daughter.  Accepted elsewhere within minutes, and will certainly not be renewing when my own contract finishes in December.  ID Mobile have an issue, but don’t have the ability, or more likely the desire, to sort it out. What a shame, won’t end well ….

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @912 Matt,

We are sorry to hear that.

The credit check isn’t based off the credit score as we would check various things.

Unfortunately we can’t advise the exact reason for the check failing but you can obtain a copy of your credit report from a credit reference agency.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kash, I hold a senior role in Finance, and receive monthly updates on my standing from the major credit reference agencies as a result, as my role requires that my own finances are clean as a whistle.  I therefore know for certain that there is no issue with my credit report or my credit score.  Therefore, I would be grateful if you wouldn’t keep inferring that there is an issue.  The only reason for declining my order therefore is due to some sort of failure in your internal procedures; J can’t prove this yet, but am pretty sure that this relates to an existing customer applying for a second phone from you.  If you check your records you will see that I have been a model customer, never having missed a payment, which I would expect to be a positive.  However, I can see from the message boards that applying for a second phone with you seems to cause an issue.  You don’t seem able or willing to remedy this issue, as it’s been going on for over 4 years, and instead you provide misleading information suggesting your customers have a credit reference issue when they don’t.  Unfortunately this time you’ve upset the wrong person, and I have already taken steps to escalate this to the Ombudsman.  Appreciate this issue is above your pay grade so please don’t take this personally, but I won’t be fobbed off with the standard line that you’ve trotted out about not being able to tell me more, as this simply isn’t good enough.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @912 Matt 

As the above mentions we can’t advise the exact reason for a credit check failure, we’d recommend speaking to your credit provider for a credit report. We don’t know the details of your cancelled order specifically as we’re speaking on a public forum.

I’m sorry you feel upset by what we’ve said, however if your order has failed it’s credit check the above is what we can advise.

Tom 

Userlevel 1

I have spoken to Equifax already Tom, and they have confirmed that there is absolutely nothing on my credit history that would give cause for concern, in fact quite the opposite.  iDMobile have suggested throughout this process that Equifax make the decision, and there is nothing further that iDMobile can do.  After escalating the issue with Equifax I have found out that this is a lie - you will not even share with Equifax your decision making process, so there is no way that they could make the decision.  Something is wrong with your internal processes, and has been for some time.  You have been made aware, but continue to do nothing about the situation, whilst continuing to mislead your customers.  Ombudsman & Alex Baldock are now aware ….

Userlevel 1

I have spoken to Equifax already Tom, and they have confirmed that there is absolutely nothing on my credit history that would give cause for concern, in fact quite the opposite.  iDMobile have suggested throughout this process that Equifax make the decision, and there is nothing further that iDMobile can do.  After escalating the issue with Equifax I have found out that this is a lie - you will not even share with Equifax your decision making process, so there is no way that they could make the decision.  Something is wrong with your internal processes, and has been for some time.  You have been made aware, but continue to do nothing about the situation, whilst continuing to mislead your customers.  Ombudsman & Alex Baldock are now aware ….

Nice one Matt, this company is a joke that appears to use bs credit score card to allow them to renege on their false advertising offers. I think I'll join you with contacting the Ombudsman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @912 Matt and @Steve GSmith,

I’m sorry to hear you both feel this way.

Credit Checks and security checks are run on all orders and the decision for these are final.

Credit Checks relate to your credit score.

Security Checks check against a set criteria and are used for fraud prevention.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

This has happened to me who have no credit problems on any front. When declined online for failed to pass credit check with id, I went to curry's. Found that they don't have my handset color in  stock. 

My strong feeling is they advertise for the deals that don't exist. Rather than getting in trouble with trading standards they say failed credit check where they don't have any accountability. This has to stop. This happens with the deals that are good with idmobile only. A coincidence?

I also was refused credit check, along with my wife today. Both of us have excellent credit rating and no issue with any other company. I raised the issue and am supposed to be contacted by a senior person but we will see.

This is not a credit rating issue and the list of annoyed potential customers shows that. It is an issue with ID Mobile algorithm in determining who is accepted. This clearly looks like discrimination by refusing valid individuals without explanation. If not sorted soon it will be raised through the press and Ombudsman 

Userlevel 1

You will need ‘deadlock letter’ to go to Ombudsman.  I put in my official written complaint a couple of weeks ago, but have yet to hear.  iD mobile make it as difficult as possible to complain, so don’t hold your breath for a response, but they certainly won’t stop me.  In the meantime I took phone contract out with Fonehouse, which took minutes to accept, and who have been fine so far in case this is useful.  Good luck if you do decide to pursue further, I for one feel they should be held to account over this issue.

Userlevel 1

Thanks all. After my online and inshore refusal yesterday for ' failed credit checks I came home and looked at affordable mobiles who said the black color not in stock for the next 3 weeks. Offered alternative colors. I applied within 6 hrs of id refusal. 

My request and credit check already cleared with other provider and the phone is being delivered tomorrow (Monday). Clearly, there is a big issue with id that needs sorting via regulatory body. I have little knowledge in this field. But have worked out that there is problem with id and not necessarily customers or credits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rishi,

We’ll be sure to pass this feedback on to be looked into internally.

Sorry that your credit check wasn’t accepted on this occasion.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Just a quick update.  Just so you know, iDMobile make it impossible to complain.  What a fantastic ruse.  I bet if you look at their stats they don’t get any complaints.  And you can’t go to the Ombudsman unless you’ve already complained.  Absolutely brilliant!!  What a fantastically corrupt organisation.  How do companies get away with this sort of behaviour in this day and age?  They won’t give you an email address to write to.  You can’t complain via the chat function.  And when you write to the complaints address that is listed on their website, it comes back with a little sticker from Royal Mail saying ‘addressee gone away’.  You could not make this stuff up.  The only way to complain is via telephone, and you can’t get through, and obviously if you do then there is no written record of your complaint.  Avoid this company at all costs ….

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @912 Matt,

We offer multiple ways to make a complaint.

You can contact us via Live Chat, Social Media, iD Community. or by calling our Complaints Team.

If you would like us to raise a complaint via the Community please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just a quick update.  Just so you know, iDMobile make it impossible to complain.  What a fantastic ruse.  I bet if you look at their stats they don’t get any complaints.  And you can’t go to the Ombudsman unless you’ve already complained.  Absolutely brilliant!!  What a fantastically corrupt organisation.  How do companies get away with this sort of behaviour in this day and age?  They won’t give you an email address to write to.  You can’t complain via the chat function.  And when you write to the complaints address that is listed on their website, it comes back with a little sticker from Royal Mail saying ‘addressee gone away’.  You could not make this stuff up.  The only way to complain is via telephone, and you can’t get through, and obviously if you do then there is no written record of your complaint.  Avoid this company at all costs ….

Doesn’t iD Complaints play an all calls are recorded for quality and training purposes message, when you telephone this department @912 Matt?  

Userlevel 1

My issue is that they control the recording, not me! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @912 Matt,

We offer multiple ways to make a complaint.

You can contact us via Live Chat, Social Media, iD Community. or by calling our Complaints Team.

If you would like us to raise a complaint via the Community please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Why do you list an address for complaints on your website that does not accept post?!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My issue is that they control the recording, not me! 

Couldn’t you record the complaint call at your end? 
You’d assume the iD agent wouldn’t have any objections.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @912 Matt 

We definitely allow complaints by post as suggested on the complaints page.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Tom

Userlevel 1

Have you read any of this thread Tom?!

I wrote to the complaints address shown on your website on 3rd of August.

On Saturday I received the attached from Royal Mail, clearly showing that ‘addressee gone away’.

Would you like to revise your post above in light of this evidence?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @912 Matt,

We are aware of some issues that occurred with Royal Mail which have now been resolved.

You can either raise a complaint via the post or contact us via one of the other methods at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

If you would like us to raise a complaint via the Community. Please let us know and we can PM you for further information.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?