Question

My SIM still hasn’t arrived

• 3 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I ordered a SIM 7 days ago and it still hasn’t arrived. I’ve received all the emails, including the one that says you’re going to charge me even when I don’t have the SIM yet. Please could you send me a SIM so I can set up my new account. I don’t want to cancel my old SIM until I have the new one and I definitely don’t want to be paying for both. Not very happy about the service so far given that I can’t even use the chat without having the SIM. Please help. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When you order a SIM only plan from iD, they dispatch the SIM card via Royal Mail and advise it will normally be delivered 3-5 working days, after its dispatched.

You can get a replacement SIM for your iD plan in one of two ways:

1. For £5 pick-up a replacement SIM in-store at Currys or Carphone Warehouse.
  2. Use the iD online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat to request a replacement.

There’s more about this topic online in the “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community article.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I can’t (as far as I can see) log into the chat as I can only do it with the iD mobile number I was given and as I don’t have the SIM I can’t receive the authorisation code they send when I try to log in. Do you know a way around this at all?

Userlevel 1

I just found out they sent it to my billing address rather than my actual address 🤷🏼‍♀️ At least I know where it is! Thanks 🙌

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I can’t (as far as I can see) log into the chat as I can only do it with the iD mobile number I was given and as I don’t have the SIM I can’t receive the authorisation code they send when I try to log in. Do you know a way around this at all?

You can use any telephone number when connecting to the iD online chat.

Why iD Mobile?